1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder (Sunday Noon to 6:00 pm Eastern)

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by Avotas, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Avotas

Avotas New Member

"Notice is hereby given that one vacancy released for the new adventure "Yota: Windswept Walk". To settle these positions all interested parties are to review the enclosed packet of information and respond with character concepts between the dates of February 2 to February 14. The character concepts that best fit the theme of the setting and offers the most compelling background story will be selected for play. Players who were declined during the last draft are welcome to reapply with new concepts."

Hey! I am seeking talented character-driven players for my upcoming game. The game will be a 50/50 mixture of role-play (RP) and traditional combat, and will feature a wide selection of custom generated maps, setting information, and storylines. Playtime will be every other Sunday from Noon (est) to 6:00 pm (est). The setting will be "Fantasy-Asian" and will follow some more of the famous and novelized concepts instead of the deeply complex and, at times, confusing historical accounts. In addition to using D20PRO as the main method handling gameplay, I have also designed a custom integration with Google Earth to act as an offline atlas and information database. I have left directions on accessing that below.

So take a look, everything currently revealed to the player through the Google interface is "common knowledge", so don't worry about potential spoilers. All players will start in the province of Warun, only Base, Alternate, and Core classes please, and we will start at level 6. So that’s it. Send me an email at gm@avotasarts.comif you're interested. If not, thanks for reading.

One important note. The Yota storyline and accompanying maps may be officially published as part of a collection in the future, by agreeing to play within this campaign you agree not to publicly disclose storyline and events until their publication. All character concepts will not be included any published works.

Directions:

• Go ahead and download Google Earth (free) from http://www.google.com/earth/index.html
    • Download the game files at http://www.avotasarts.com/earth/Yota.zip.
    • Once you have Google Earth open, select Layers (bottom left) and turn off the Primary Database.
    • Goto Tools -> Options and uncheck "Show Terrain" under the heading Terrain Quality. This turns off the natural earth, and makes sure the fantasy earth Pallas, correctly renders on your screen.
    • Goto File -> Open select Yota.kmz then hit open. Click and drag Yota.kmz from Temporary Places to My Places. Close Google Earth. (This set resets and saves everything). Open Google Earth and you should fly to the play area.
    • If you see the brightly colored province outlines, you're all set. Focus your attention on Warun, that’s your starting point and remember –Everything is clickable!- (but bodies of water) and everything clickable has setting information embedded in it. Please keep in mind as you play new locations, additional text, and some surprises will be updated on the Google Earth map. Oh, and you may need to give Google Earth 30 seconds to pull down the data, if Warun looks under populated or missing data it's streaming.

Best Regards,
    Avotas, GM

2. Avotas

Avotas New Member

The application process has been extended until March 1, 2014.

3. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

This looks interesting, and I appreciate the ability to look at campaign information through locations on customized Google Earth. However, I do find it difficult to consider character concepts without any character creation rules posted to go on. Also, every other Sunday is great, but what "every other" is scheduled. I only inquire as I also game locally, every other Sunday, and would be interested if this fit in between that current schedule.