1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Pathological map

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Robotguy, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

I have a pathological map that "locks up" 3.7.3.4 when I try to load it. The players can evidently see the map, but I only see the map that was up previously and can't access any windows or buttons (almost feels like the new map is invisible over my screen and blocking everything). The map contains the images from Tomb of the Apocalypse so I don't want to post it, but I can send it somewhere if needed.

what you are trying to do exactly?
    1. fresh install of 3.7.3.4 from 3.6.11 (I know, it's been a while)
    2. Made a copy of my campaign folder
    3. opened 3.7.3.4 and pointed it at the new copy of the campaign
    4. Campaign opened with 2 maps currently "open". The "active" one worked fine, but when I tried to bring up the other "open" map, I couldn't access any windows or buttons. Tried clicking the buttons several times to switch maps. A player who was connected said they could see the map and move minis. I could also hear the DING when they typed in the game log, but couldn't see it. The D20Pro menu still worked so I quit.
    5. Restarted D20Pro. Campaign started with no maps opened, but the player said they could see a map.
    6. Restarted the computer, restarted D20Pro. Same as (5).
    7. Deleted the copy of the campaign, opened the original in 3.6.11 and closed the offending map leaving only one map (that seemed to work in 3.7.3.4) open. Made another copy of the campaign.
    8. Opened the new copy in 3.7.3.4, no problems. Tried to load the pathological map, same as before, map didn't open, couldn't access buttons. minis, or text fields.
    9. Closed 3.7.3.4, deleted campaign. Made another copy of the original.
    10. Opened newest copy of the campaign and DID NOT try to open the pathological map. Opened another map which worked just fine.

what OS you are using?
    MacOS 10.13.5, D20Pro has 5GB available.

what rules system are you using?
    5E

Attached Files:

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I am no dev, but I did a good deal of migration from old 3.6.x to 3.7.x. You should really export all of your maps and creatures from the 3.6.x and import them into 3.7.x. It will provide you with a better upgrade experience, as I had lots of trouble just pointing my 3.7.x at my old campaign folders. There is a lot of changes under the hood between the two versions.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Very much agreed there :)