1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Playng with skills

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Greymyst, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Greymyst

Greymyst New Member

I have been inputing skills for other d20 games and found a problem. Spycraft has skills and those skills have tasks under them that may use different stats for modifiers. I chose to make the tasks the "skills" and have the skills be "menus". Here is what I found.

In the character view, the menus don't show up. Not a big deal, but it may be nice.

In the skill resolution (by right clicking on a character), the menus don't scroll. If you have more than 8 menus, it does not show more. If you have more than 10, you can no longer open the menus. They just shift around.

Thanks,
    Farris

2. Dan

Dan Member

Could you attach your skills.txt file to this thread? Use the Upload Attachment tab below the post box. Once I can see the txt file I might be able to help more.

3. Greymyst

Greymyst New Member

Here's the file, but to get the numbers I just used

1|STR|1
    2|DEX|2
    ect

Attached Files:

4. Dan

Dan Member

Ok I see your point. It looks like we need to make a couple of coding adjustments that will also have a positive effect for other users wishing to do similar editing of skills:

1) Allow sorting of skills in the character sheet table
    2) Include the skill category as another column in the character sheet table (what you call menus)
    3) Make the Skill decision window dynamic in height or in its own window with scrollbars to allow expansion of large skill lists.

I think that would just about fix all of your issues. If you think that will work, I'll enter it into our weekly petition to the Java Gods. :)

5. Greymyst

Greymyst New Member

I think making the skills window dynamic would work. Just make sure that it allows the most space possible when you do pick a menu. Make sure you note that I am not talking about the character sheet; I am talking about the view when you right click on the character and choose skills.

Attached Files: