1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Post your Home made MAPS Here..........

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by cyderak, Nov 17, 2010.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

Hey guys,

Hopefully this catches on........

Whatever the software may be, post your Maps here and lets see how massive of a database the D20Pro community can accumulate.

I personally suck at making maps (tried numerous times) but I look forward to seeing all the talented artists I know we have here pitching in to create a MASSIVE MAP database for everyone to use in conjunction with D20Pro.

Thanks in advance everyone.

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I will post a few of my very crude maps I have made for my current ongoing campaigns. All made with GIMP a free Photoshop like program.

Forest clearing that I used for Wizards Amulet a free download of Necromancer Games

[​IMG]

Farmhouse that is also used in Wizards Amulet

[​IMG]

Ratman Warren that is used in Crucible of Freya a module from Necromancer Games

[​IMG]

Crones Cave that is used in Crucible of Freya a module from Necromancer Games

[​IMG]

Ruined Waystation that is used in Crucible of Freya a module from Necromancer Games

[​IMG]

Eralions Keep hat is used in Crucible of Freya a module from Necromancer Games

[​IMG]

Here is the entrance level to the Necromancer Games module Tomb of Absythor. I made it using GIMP.
    [​IMG]

3. cyderak

cyderak Member

Cool.......Definitely better than I could do......Gonna use a couple of em in my campaign this weekend too.

4. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Here is the ground level of a Castle I am working on, it is based off of the the Little Fang castle found in Dragon Magazine 145. I am still struggling through CC3 (a lot to learn) but I am having fun doing it. the intent is to map all 7 levels out then throw in some of Game Mastery NPC Archetypes for Pathfinder in with them bundled as a map. Unfortunately I am in the middle of a move and have not had a lot of time t work on fun things Arrg :evil:
    The map is 6MB so I didn't want to post it as an img here, enjoy.

Cheers,
    Mobius
    http://6912063732120524826-a-180274...3z3IBN-l7xDSFE33E-rh4cXpMKzgos&attredirects=0

5. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Pretty nice I to am looking at picking up CC3 here in a month or so.

6. jephkay

jephkay New Member

7. cyderak

cyderak Member

8. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

This magic shop must have an army of high level casters to create all those magic items. I think if you have all that magic merchandise out I would also have the sales floor be within an anti-magic field to suppress the item's magic properties then have a special area where patrons can inspect one item at a time with supervision. Could you imagine without those protections a large group of people could walk in, pickup some magic items, then escape using their newly acquired items?

Very detailed, very cool map indeed :)

9. cyderak

cyderak Member

Thats why there are two very large Stone Golems standing guard at the door. Once someone gets the notion of "Five Finger Discounting" anything the two Golems slide in front of the exit and the proprietors(who would be massive level Mages) would threaten lethal force if they don't back down and return the merchandice.

Thanks for the compliment though.

10. tiamat5774

tiamat5774 New Member

here's three maps I made using MSpaint and dnd tiles.

Attached Files:

11. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

12. templar12

templar12 Member

13. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

@Templar12,

Nice maps thanks for sharing your work, it is appreciated.

14. Mandos

Mandos New Member

After some experimentation with NWN and NWN2, I find they can make some pretty nice maps, fairly easily. NWN2 seems to work more robustly for outside areas, but interiors are a real bear. NWN has much older graphics, but it's pretty simple, comes with inplace lighting, etc. NWN also has an Underdark and Drow tilesets, so that's primo. Here are thumbnails to the maps.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Use this link to get to the best resolution screen shots I could make, and then create a new map in D20Pro, and either use "clipboard" or download the screenshot then use "file":
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/65805443@N ... 990716285/

15. cyderak

cyderak Member

great effort but the resolution was way too low.

Almost have to "print screen" the image in quarters or maybe even eighths to get the full effect.

16. vanith

vanith Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are towns and places that I have built for my campaign as I continue to expand on the area to which they play in. The image quality looks crappy here, but it looks better in the D20pro software.

17. Mandos

Mandos New Member

18. cyderak

cyderak Member

Very awesome maps........but still too small.

If I zoom in to use any of them they get so pixelated that I can't tell what they are.

Good effort though.

19. Mandos

Mandos New Member

20. MadCartographer

MadCartographer New Member