1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Problem: Mounted Horses in D20Pro - 1x2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robert Trifts, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Robert Trifts

Robert Trifts New Member

Okay, the problem is one that has been present for quite a while. There does not appear to be a 1x2 creature size in D20 Pro. If I am wrong and there is a way to do it -- it would be AWESOME if somebody could let me know.

Otherwise, I presume the only way around this is to use a sticky tile effect, or play with transparencies in the graphic image of the mounted horse and start overlapping creature radius boundaries.

Am I missing another trick that might be employed? Let me know. I have an epic chase scene through the streets of Korvosa planned and this technical issue is now causing me problems.

.Robert (Steel_Wind)

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You could use a sticky tile indeed.

Tho I have argued for this for a really long time, by strict definition 5x5, 10x10 and 15x15 are the creatures sizes and there are no 1x2, 2x3 etc etc.. Which I argued to get for things like wagons or for other vehicles and ships in modern or future games. There is a system that will soon be in place to alleviate this and allow for doing non standard sizes, but at this time. We are stuck with the 5x5, 10x10, 15x15 etc...

Tho you are on the right track to work around it... by using transparency on either side and then placing the horse image in the middle giving the appearance of 1x2, while the token is in reality 10x10...

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

It would also be kinda nice if we could in effect make a Token sticky, so that other tokens stick to it, which is something else that we may see here in the near future.. So you could in effect stick a rider to a mount.