1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with entering spell lists for lvl 21+ Characters

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by cranerat, Aug 29, 2011.

1. cranerat

cranerat Member

I have found that the spell lists are no longer editable for spellcasting classes if you enter a level greater than 20. I cannot enter the spells usuable by that character at lvl 20 and then increase the level above 20. It removes the spell lists.

Is this a known bug or is there something I am doing wrong.

As a temporary workaround I have made a second class for Epic level characters labled (for example) Wizard (Epic). For 10th, and up to 19th lvl spell slots I use the 0-9 slots. I have also created spell lists the players use on their characters and added to both text files for the "spells" and "classes". A
    n Intensified fireball would be normally (without Epic feats) a 10th lvl spell so I have put this in the 0 level spell slot of the "Wizard (Epic)" class.

I would like to see usable spell tab interface that had tabs up to 20th lvl spells and be able to add spells to the tabs for characters over 20th lvl.

Thanks, and your product has made playing D&D for people in my group from here in the USA, to Iraq, to Antarctica all in one session. Thanks

2. ChrisRevocateur

Re: Problems with entering spell lists for lvl 21+ Character

I don't know if you did this, but have you tried extending the wizard's spell table to go beyond 20th level in the classes.txt file?

I don't know if it would work, but it might be worth a try.