1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Question about buffs (active effects)

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by Truwen, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Truwen

Truwen Member

Hey there, my question stems off of active effects and players "viewing" their character sheets in D20pro.

During the last encounter our group fought 2 Young Adult Red Dragons. During this encounter, there were a number of effects/buffs active that altered attribute points. One in particular comes to mind, Defensive Stance. In this stance the Dwarven Defender gets +2 strength, +4 constitution, +2 resistance bonus to all saves, and a +4 dodge bonus to AC.

My problem with buffs like this is that when they are looking at their character sheet using the view option it does not show the modified stats. So if they click the red button for say a Strength check (used for some things like opposed STR check to trip I think is one good example) you can click the button but it won't add the modifiers from active effects.

There are other similar issues like with the saves it does the same thing and does not add in the modifiers when clicking the button on the character sheet. Though for the saves check its pretty easy to just hit F, R, W and that DOES add in the modifiers. Are there shortcuts like this for doing an ability check that isn't a save?

How about for caster level checks? (for regards getting past spell resistance). Though, for this I kind of just made an attack to add their caster level + any modifieres from feats...so any time the wizards, cleric, or whoever wants to shoot a spell that has SR they can just roll the caster level check from attacks first against the custom defense of SR before casting the spell.

At any rate it is way too early. So thanks for the help everyone. I do appreciate it.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Truwen,

You are correct, d20Pro v3.1 only shows base stats on the "Edit Creature" or "character sheet" and will only roll based on the base stats on that sheet. Correct adjusted stats are shown on the "Stats" tab on the Mini Window. F R W will roll correctly adjusted saves, also combat is also using the updated stats correctly.

This should be updated to allow rolling correctly adjusted stats and saves on the "Edit Creature" or "character sheet" in an upcoming update.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

That will be really nice!