1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting added functionality for the "Abilities" interface

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by cranerat, Aug 29, 2011.

1. cranerat

cranerat Member

I have a few requests on things I have found would be extremely useful in gaming.

1. A way of keeping track of a point pool you can deplet on a use of linked abilities. i.e. a group of abilities that are linked to a charge pool, that you can designate how many points are used by that ability every time it is used, and then subtracted from the point pool.
    So far I have not figured out a way to use the "Abilities" interface to keep track of Power Point pools of Psions. The Ability interface works great for Psion powers and effects, just no way of keeping track of the usage costs.
    You currently have two spots on the abilities interface for charges and this only works by removing a single charge off a single ability. If this interface could be modified to subtract a number of charges for the ability from a shared total, instead of just a single charge, this existing feature could be used to keep track of Power Point Usage for Psions or even other game system pools using points (The EQ RPG comes to mind with it's unique way of powering spells).

2. A tag on the Character "General" tab that lists the alignments in two parts, i.e. Chaotic/Neutral/Lawful and Good/Neutral/Evil and have a way for the weapon interface abilities to "see" these tags and then apply apporpriate weapon attributes for damages. i.e. I can currently tag a weapon as "Holy" but it does "Holy" damage against everything. It shouldn't be adding this damage when hitting "Good" aligned creatures.

Currently we have to make several weapon variations of the same weapon to apply damage depending on whether the creature hit is Evil, Chaotic, Lawful, Good, including Ranger preferred enemy damage. One player has 7 pages of attack types for two weapons. This makes the interface clumsy for him. You already have a drop down menu on the General tab that we put the "Type" of creature. This should be easily linked to the types of damage that can be assigned in the weapon damage types drop down menus.

Thanks for your time and your great product.

2. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Re: Requesting added functionality for the "Abilities" inter

I totally agree with these two requests. The first could also be used to handle a Monk's ki points in Pathfinder. The second is something that I've wanted just for information's sake, but does affect gameplay sometimes.