1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] D20 Pro and Ventrillo Push to Talk

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Terek, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Terek

Terek New Member

D20Pro, when it has focus, will intercept any push to talk key even if it doesn't use it and prevent Ventrillo from getting it.

So in order for me to do push to talk I have to put focus on any other program.

It is also annoying when you push the push to talk button when D20Pro doesn't have focus, and then before you release the push to talk button give d20pro focus and then release the button. Ventrillo won't register the release of the button and keep the push to talk open.

The only work around I can find to get rid of this is change ventrillo to just automatically open whenever the volume it is recording reaches a certain level.

2. ChrisRevocateur

Re: D20 Pro and Ventrillo Push to Talk

Even if you're in an administrator account, you have to right click and open ventrilo as an administrator.

At least, that's what I gathered from my gaming group, as they all use Windows 7, and I use XP. I don't have to do that "open as administrator" workaround with XP.

3. Provos

Provos New Member

Re: D20 Pro and Ventrillo Push to Talk

Chris is correct. Right clicking on the ventrillo icon and run as administrator work for me. Just be sure to select a push to talk button that will not execute hot keys(did that once).

4. Terek

Terek New Member

Thank you. Yes that was the problem I just had to open up Ventrillo as an Administrator. Not D20Pro's fault on this one