1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] Incorrect Java version on Win7?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Undeadlord, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Undeadlord

Undeadlord New Member

Hello all,

I am trying to test out the d20Pro software on my Windows 7 laptop. So I downloaded the file, installed fine, and then when I run the software I get the following error.

-----
    Initialization Error

You must install Java 1.6.0_10 or higher to run d20Pro
    Your Java version is 1.6.0_18-ea

Please install a version that is 1.6.0_10 or higher.
    ------

So ibviously my version is higher than the _10 they are looking for, but I can't get it to start. I went to java.com and it tells me that I have the latest version ..

Undeadlord

2. Dan

Dan Member

Re: Incorrect Java version on Win7?

Are you running 64 bit Java? If so, try it with the 32 bit version. I'll forward this to the developers.

3. Undeadlord

Undeadlord New Member

Nope just running the 32bit version. Though this looks to be aleast somewhat of an issue with Java Update 18, as my other Win7 machine has Update 17 on it and it works fine.

4. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Undeadlord,

The version checking logic is strict and isn't allowing your "early access" version of 1.6.0_18 (you can tell by the 'ea' at the end). We will look into relaxing this check in the next release. In the meantime please install an official release and it should work.

5. Undeadlord

Undeadlord New Member

Thanks for all the help, I have no idea how I got a EA version installed on my machine, I just went to java.com and installed it, and it seems they are still installing Update 17.

I uninstalled 18-ea and installed update 17 again and its working fine.

Undeadlord