1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] Issues creating Map from file

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by mobius125, Dec 13, 2009.

1. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Okay, so I run through a DD3 tutorial to knock out some cobwebs go to bring the battle map into d20Pro and this is what I get

Failed to write map image: Failed to import FLR image: Unknown Entity for Filename Key: Dungeon/temple tutorial0.jpg

This is a first. d20Pro has pulled in all of my other maps with out any problem.

2. Dan

Dan Member

Re: Issues creating Map from file

I haven't seen that error before. Could you attach the jpg to this post? I'd like to try importing it myself.

3. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Dan,

Here is the link to the file. I hope it works better for you than me. I have made other files since this one and have had no problems, this is really a curiosity.
    http://www.divshare.com/download/9738732-13a

This seems to be a problem on my Mac only. This file imported without complaint on my ubuntu box.

Thanks,
    Mobius

4. Dan

Dan Member

Yeah, it pulled in perfectly on my desktop (WIndows 7, 64 bit). Maybe we can get another Mac user to try it.

For now, import it into your Ubuntu copy and then Export the map as a .d20 map file. Then try to import that .d20 file into your Mac instead of creating the map from the jpg.

5. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Dan,

Thanks for the quick responses. The export as a d20pro file from my linux box worked. Oddly enough the file imported as fro JPG when I down loaded it from the web server I posted it to. I think that this may be an issue of how I moved the file from my virtual windows machine to my physical machine. I have not had any problems with other files (all of which were created under my virtual machine). If I run in to this again I at least have a couple of work arounds.

Thanks,

mobius

6. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Okay,

I am running into the same issue again. I can't seem to figure out why. Here is the file, it seems that since upgrading to 2.0.3 most pics don't want to work.

http://www.divshare.com/download/9837980-d77

My system setup is Macbook Pro (version 3.1) running Snow leopard OS X 10.6.2. Any help with this would be great. I hate being able to make my own maps but not use them.

Worst Case I could try Dundjinni navtive under OS X, but I don' think it should matter how the map is made once it is exported to a compatible file type.

I have a suspicion that it is a d20Pro issue (sorry guys) seeing that Battle Grounds (I own licenses for both) has no issues importing my maps, but I like d20Pro more.... so please help.... Thanks

7. Dan

Dan Member

I'll forward this to our developers and see if we can get you an answer soon.

8. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Dan,

Thanks, I suspect it is an OS X thing, because on my Ubuntu box the file imported without issues. So I have a current work around, but the direct approach would be oh so much sweeter.

Thanks Again.

9. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met mobius125,

This is a puzzling issue. Nothing has changed in v2.0.3 that relates to the image importing so I'm somewhat baffled. If you are able to zip your d20Pro.app (or put in a .dmg) and place it somewhere I can download we can look into it further. Please PM me if you'd like to take this route.

If you want to try something in the meantime, please try grabbing a fresh copy of v2.0.3 and put it in a temp location. Can you import your image into the fresh copy?

10. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Thraxxis,

I installed a fresh version d20Pro 2.0.3, attempted to import the file and got the following error message:

Failed to write map image: Failed to import FLR image: Unknown Entity for Filename Key: wilderness/ruined tower 1_20.jpg

I wonder if any other OS X users are running into this issue? Do you still want me to post my local install of d20Pro seeing that I am getting an error with the fresh install too?

Thanks,

Mobius

11. Dan

Dan Member

It looks like each file had a space in the filename. I'm not a Mac expert and not a developer, but could you try a file without spaces in the name? Just to test?

12. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Dan and Thraxxis,

I have found that it is not an issue with the file names, but the module name. If the file won't import, I can change the module name then it will be accepted. I can then change the module name from library list back to what I wanted. Odd, but workable; sorry for all the fuss.

Thanks,

Mobius

13. Dan

Dan Member

Great! Closing this then