1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] upgrading my older version (Old Licences)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by poppies, Aug 28, 2009.

1. poppies

poppies New Member

i have the full license with the older version. will my licenses work with the new version if i download it?

2. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Re: upgrading my older version

Hi popies,

your question has been forwarded to the proper authorities... :D

Check back shorlty for the long answer; the short answer is yes! ;)

Happy gaming and welcome back, I think u are going to like the new version.

3. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met poppies,

Great question and I think you'll like the answer. Your 1.x license won't work directly; however, you just install d20Pro v2.0 and convert your old license to a new one. To proceed get the installer here http://get.d20pro.com and either:
    * install on top of your existing 1.14 instance (recommended you make a backup first just in case)
    * into a clean directory, and copy over your 1.x license file into the d20Pro/licenses directory

Now run d20Pro v2.0 and click Register at the bottom to create an online account. Then you should see your legacy license and an option to convert to a v2.0 Full License. Note: this will bind your legacy license permanently to your new online account and other accounts will not be allowed to bind your 1.x license with a message that this license is already taken.

Oh, and the kicker is that in appreciation for helping pioneer d20Pro your Full License comes stacked with +6 Guest Slots (a $60 value). Thanks for the continued interest in virtual tabletop gaming via d20Pro. :D

// More more information on how to Register http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGtCJfpxwqI
    //// The new version should be an all around improvement for your existing games. Look for v2.0.1 due out next month with a long list of minor fixes and improvements.

4. Dan

Dan Member

Sticky'ed!

5. karnisov

karnisov New Member

Good afternoon. I have an old version 1.8 license that I do not get the option to convert after completing registration. I have placed the license file in the folder C:\Program Files\MindGene\d20Pro\licenses. After registering and logging in I only have the following options:

• Manage Account
      Start Trial
      Purchase License
      Redeem Coupon

Please advise me on how best to proceed. Thanks.

6. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met karnisov,

You are indeed a v1.8 license holder. I contacted you directly with a replacement v1.x license to upgrade to the Full+6 Guests license.

7. karnisov

karnisov New Member

Thanks for the quick response. I replaced the 1.8 license with the 1.11 license in the C:\Program Files\MindGene\d20Pro\licenses folder. I still show only the guest license after logging in. Does the user name matter? I set my user name to Karnisov originally but I was wondering if my user name needs to match my real name (First_Last) to satisfy the license? If this is the case, how do I change my user name? I tried doing registration again using my real name as a username but I get this error now: Unable to register. Email [email='ethereal.wolf@gmail.com]'ethereal.wolf@gmail.com[/email]' is already registered to a different account. Thanks for your help.

8. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met karnisov

You must log in to upgrade your legacy license. If you can't register with your email, have you tried the new Password Reset feature?

http://live.d20pro.com:8033/resetPassword

9. karnisov

karnisov New Member

I did the password reset, no improvement. Here are some screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I notice there are formatting differences between the 2.0 guest license and the 1.11 license I was provided. Were 1.11 license imports verified to work with 2.0? Wouldn't it be easier to just provide a 2.0 license?

10. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met karnisov,

Thanks for providing the screenshots. Your patience on this is much appreciated! I was able to reproduce the problem - the underscore I put in your replacement license had some, umm, complications in the license code. :oops:

So I've emailed you a replacement license sans the sinister underscore. I verified it will show up and this license will convert to a v2.x Full + 6 Guest license (a $60 value :D)

11. karnisov

karnisov New Member

kool i was able to download the license this time. many thanks. :D