1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Resources not automatically updating on start

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by ncassella, Aug 12, 2016.

1. ncassella

ncassella Member

Just noticed this today.

Added some new tokens in last night and when I started d20pro to place them today they weren't there. They showed up after a manual refresh of the resources, but I remember in the older versions of the software that it automatically showed refreshed every time you started.

I'm running off of an NAS, though I don't think that should have anything to do with it.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

This was changed a short while back to increase load times ; it is not re-indexing the assets every time you start the application.
    You have to (as you noticed), Refresh Resources (Assets) from the Judge options.

3. ncassella

ncassella Member

I should read the release notes instead of skimming them I guess.

Just a question (I know you don't have the answer). Wouldn't you want to reindex everytime you start to look for changes before you get into a session vs having to manually index either during a session or during prep?

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

It's really only relevant to those of us with very large image directories, and specifically when we are adding assets in a raw fashion from outside the application via file browser.. Honestly, IMHO it was getting to be painfully slow to start the app for people who have say 2gig+ of images...

5. ncassella

ncassella Member

Oh believe me I get it completely, with the amount of edits I've done to tokens, cause let's face it all orcs don't have axes and kobolds are different colors, I'm pushing close to 3gb I think. I suppose I'll just have to get into the habit of making sure to do a refresh before each of my prep sessions, no buggy.

Thanks

6. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

I have at least 5+ gigs of map tiles that I downloaded from somewhere...so I'm sure someone's got more. :)

7. Whirlingdervish

i use a two campaign set up one for design and then one for presentation where i import completed maps and have only monster tokens and maps in the library i find it cuts down on my load time