1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

RPG Photoshop Tutorial 1 Battlemap Reveals

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by Kizan, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Kizan

Kizan New Member

I use a projector for my home in-person game and finally figured out how to setup Photoshop layers for each area/room on my battle map. This way as my PC's progress into the next area/room I can reveal it with just a quick click of the button. As I'm not a Photoshop wiz I wrote down the steps I took to be able to re-create it for other maps at a later time. I thought I'd share it with the community.

EDIT: I updated the tutorial with some easier to use steps.
    http://arps.gotbowie.com/d20pro/RPG_Photoshop_Tutorial_1_v1.2_Battlemap_Reveals.docx

Kizan

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Kizan,

I'm thinking you are doing this to expidite revealing fog of war regions? So you can reveal an entire region with one click.

Thank you for sharing!
    Moved to Tips & Tricks

3. Kizan

Kizan New Member

Yup. In my PNP in-person game we use minis and Dwarven Forge tiles. So it's nice to have a quickie map to put up as we walk along. And I can have help from the players building the map out of the Dwarven Forge parts if we can all see the map.

Kizan

P.S. I updated the tutorial and updated the link in the first post.