1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Secret Doors

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by Tivaan, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

A little trick I have been using for secret doors.

I found a jpg of a secret door from the old game Heroquest and imported it.
    Create a monster added the image and made it invisible on the board as a non active creature (just like a trap). Then as a PC walks by the door, a secret roll for me and if successful then the door can become visible.

Actually cool when players find one and the door just becomes visible in game. ;)

2. Dan

Dan Member

3. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

That is a nice touch,

I use an invisible token so that I know where the doors are located; but I hadn't thought about an actual image of a door.

/e heads off to Ye olde Home Depot ....

4. Dan

Dan Member

You can also use the Door drawing tool to manually add a Gygaxian style door.

Before

After

5. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

It's more of problem when you have a map with a secret door already printed. I have had many a frustrating time trying get rid of them with Gimp

6. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

Honestly, after I scan a map or even create one with a mapping program, I always import the image into Microsoft Paint to either get my pixels per inch just right or to copy paste things over hidden doors, mob references, etc.