1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Simulate a cave in

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mhossom, Mar 14, 2017.

1. mhossom

mhossom New Member

Hi All,

I have an existing map that my players have already explored. They will be returning to the site after a major cave in. I would like to just "draw" rubble onto the existing map that is already in D20Pro. Is there a way to do that and, if so, how?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Mike

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Using Map Markers or Tiles.

First add some rubble art to the markers folder

upload_2017-3-14_22-34-32.png

Then, open up Game Tools and click on the thumb tac. this will put you in marker mode.

upload_2017-3-14_22-35-18.png

Next, click on the map and create your markers with the dimensions you want your debris to have.

map markers.gif
    here's some sample settings

upload_2017-3-14_22-37-6.png

Now that you've got your markers you can create more very easily using the click menu on the map.
    While in marker mode, just click on the map where you want to create a marker and select clone marker.
    Select one of your rubble or debris markers and it'll drop right in as a copy. You can then left click to get to
    a menu to rotate it or click and drag to move it into position.

Note the "Paint Below Creatures" settings. this puts the marker below tokens AND fog of war objects.

Another nice thing about using markers is that you can "clear" them away without destroying them. You can click on the eye icon
    on from the marker menu to hide them, or simply right click and select show/hide

upload_2017-3-14_22-43-23.png

markers for rubble.gif

Blind2karma likes this.
  3. mhossom

mhossom New Member

YES!!! That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

BTW, I backed your new Kickstarter last night. Making maps has always been a challenge for me.

4. mhossom

mhossom New Member

One more thing. I purchased a tile set from the content market. I can use the images (rocks, objects, trees...) just fine as tiles. How can I get them as Markers? The files have the .enc filetype.

5. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

That's pretty cool