1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Slowness

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Golldan, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Golldan

Golldan Member

Hi All - New to D20Pro. Bought and Tested it out with one or two players in January and worked OK. So then set up maps to get a group of 5 going on Pathfinder. Once we start playing, it lags and takes 30 - 90 seconds for each player, and it has degraded to a point, that I as GM, move the PC , as the screen stays in a redraw/resend mode and the Game Log says the NPC or PC is in Limbo. PC can still attack, but shows attacking from initial location, they can end their turn, but ability from them to self move becomes less and less at session goes on, usually 2-3 hours.

Could the issue be, that my son and I are using the same Wi-fi to access, so would that impact the game, or should I open up more of my initial Upper Memory Limit (2G of 8 G) currently.

what you are trying to do exactly? Move NPC and PC on Maps I created.
    what the result was and/or what steps you took? Players are not able to move tokens, and I moved for them.
    Is the issue repeatable? Yes
    what OS you are using? Windows 10 Home, Ver. 1709, OS build 16299.309
    what rules system are you using? Pathfinder
    what version of the software are you using? 3.7.2

Thanks for any insights in advance. Dan

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Hey your not wrong.

I'd suggest the following.

Wired is going to perform far better than wireless.
    2g is doable, but it's not very comfortable. if you have 8g, give it 4g of that.
    I'd highly suggest using the latest build 3.7.2.11 (Beta), while it has its own issues, even so, it performs better than 3.7.2 and fixes many issues.

If you need help with any of that, please let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

3. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

How large are the map files you are using?
    Are you using lights?
    Can you export a map and send it up here, so I can take a look at it, please?

The reason I ask is that even if 3.7.2 didn't have a lighting issue, these things can greatly affect how the software operates.

4. Golldan

Golldan Member

Thanks for the reply. Maps do have lights. Not able export some of my maps, including the one we used that was having an issues. Set up Ethernet hard wire for son and I, changed my Upper memory limit to 4 of 8 and updated to beta 3.7.2.10 (could not find .11). Will report back in 2 weeks after our next session. Thanks again.

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

6. Golldan

Golldan Member

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the advice. Our session last night went smooth and the combats rolled right along...thanks again.

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

glad to have helped :)