1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

So what's going to be in version 2.1?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bocephus, Feb 4, 2010.

1. bocephus

bocephus New Member

I found a few posts regarding new features in version 2.1...

Was wondering if there is any solid info on what will be in it, and about when it will be released...

Also, I saw a post about a Pathfinder specific version. Any info on that?

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met bocephus,

Thanks for inquiring about the upcoming minor release. We are currently targeting an early March release and will know more as that time arrives.

Expect a variety of small improvements and fixes alongside some more hefty new/expanded features. This will also include increased Pathfinder support. More info will be released in the coming weeks.

3. bocephus

bocephus New Member

Thanks for the reply... I can't help but ask one more question. I read something about the Pathfinder Society Scenarios being inputted into that game... is that something that will be in 2.1? :D

4. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hi bocephus,

We will not be adding any of the PFS Scenarios into any of our builds. All of those scenarios are the property of Paizo, therefore, we cannot add them. In the future, we hope many different publishers will offer their scenarios in d20Pro format.

We are offering monthly PFS games though. Please make sure to check out our games offered: http://www.d20pro.com/online-gaming.php

Best,

Nick

5. Dan

Dan Member

Here is a tentative list of features & fixes that will probably make it into 2.1. These are off the top of my head and are not guaranteed but are likely.
    • Bug fixes: Fog of war, wall display issues, custom defense width, flat-footed Dex mod, armor penalty stacking, etc.
    • 4E Importer refinement: cleaner attack imports, cleaner ability imports, action points & item daily usage abilities, more notes
    • Refined start menu with new skin/icons
    • consolidated chat / game log with subscriptions, tabs, and /tells to players
    • refined attack selection and resolution
    • Improved Tiling / Scaling functions with ability to rotate and resize images easier

Again, these features are still being tested and may not make it through Quality Assurance. There are other features that I didn't list that might make it as well. Everything is tentative, but I wanted to give everyone a heads-up and let you know that we are busy working! :)

6. Yaourth

Yaourth New Member

Some infos about the release date ? ;)

7. Dan

Dan Member

We were shooting for this week but found some minor bugs so we are moving it back a bit, probably to next week (early April). Pathfinder scenarios will have to be released by fans or Paizo, but we are more than willing to help our users with any software related issues they may have.

8. Gnoll

Gnoll New Member

Great news. Thanks Dan. Our group is anixous to try out the new version.

9. MichaelFTrevino

MichaelFTrevino New Member

I also look forward to using your table top. I was wondering if the release will coincide with the upcoming PFS game? I recently DLed 2.0.3 and will set it up for that game if I am chosen to play. But if this new version has more PF compatibility, and it comes out before the game is scheduled, I'll just DL it.

10. Gnoll

Gnoll New Member

Just bought a GM license yesterday. Any update on the release date of 2.1?

11. Dan

Dan Member

Any day now...
    Really!

12. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hi,

Just echoing Daniel's remarks. We are on the verge of the release. We do our best to apply as much diligence possible in each release. Our development team and our testers have been working tirelessly to have everything ready for "Gold Box" asap.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Nick

13. Gnoll

Gnoll New Member

Thank you!!! 2.1 looks sweet! Love the new menu.