1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

[solved]Missing library after update on Mac

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by King David5808, Jul 2, 2015.

1. King David5808

King David5808 New Member

I just downloaded the latest update for d20 Pro in preparation of a game I'm getting ready to resume running soon. Much to my dismay, when I logged in and got into d20 Pro I found my library completely empty except for the generic entries put there. I had a ton of creatures, maps, and PCs input in my library and now they are missing. This is extremely troubling and I hope it's an easy fix. I logged into my older version of d20 Pro (2.3.0) and all my maps and other data is there; in fact, it opened up on the map that we left off on and all the PCs were where we left them.

So, to sum it up: how to do I get my old library downloaded from 2.3.0 to the new version 3.4.7?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Re: Missing library after update on Mac

I am not very Mac-savvy, trying to get one of the guys who is.. They should post up here soon..

If it was Windows, my gut says it's a directory structure thing.. have you check your old install directory and copy your
    campaign into the new install directory... (Mindgene vs Mesamundi directories)

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: Missing library after update on Mac

Hello King David5808,

We made a change where the campaign folder resides in MacOS to make it easier, moving forward. :) Since you just downloaded v3.4.7 and upgrading from an earlier version, I would recommend getting the new v3.4.8 available from the forums (not yet released on our main website), here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3033 then starting this process.

In d20Pro v2.3...
    Find the d20Pro app (usually found in Finder > Applications)
    Option-Click d20Pro to pull up the context-menu
    Select "Show Package Contents"
    Select to Expand: "Resources" > "java" > "judge"
    Select and Copy: "campaigns" folder

In d20Pro v3.4.x the app is found in it's own d20Pro folder
    Open "d20Pro-mac-3.4.8" folder
    Open "data" > "judge"
    Paste the copied "campaigns" folder into the "judge" folder

We have also made a change to how d20Pro reads assets so it may perform an automatic update when you first start, then it's a good idea to "Refresh Resources" from the "Options" > "Judge" window inside d20Pro.