1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Sound: Separate 'cancel' sound effect from 'miss'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken L, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Ken L

Ken L Member

Is there a way to separate the attack miss sound effect from the general cancel sound effect?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

if you can find a royalty free wav file you would like to use let me know, as you are correct, the miss does use the cancel wav file:

Also, could create a wav for Confirmed Crit as it uses the same sound as Possible Crit.

This could be implemented with our next update as it's a 1 min billable programming change. :)

3. Ken L

Ken L Member

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I separated these into 4 "missed attack" sounds, and will have D20PRO randomly pick from one of the four to play each time someone misses their attack. It's committed into a PR, and should make it to next release. I was going to suggest me recording my voice for the swoosh, so these are better than that :p

5. Ken L

Ken L Member

In the next update will all the sounds be a bit more modern? When I run with my players I'll have to apologize for the crappy SFX.

I wish there was a way to push DM styling resources to the players.

6. billolmesdahl

billolmesdahl New Member

I agree. It would be great if we could easily put in our own sounds. I used to use Klooge and had put in Star Trek fight music as a .wav for Battle starting sound, and a Homer D'Oh! for a fumble. It was kind of fun to customize those.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

You can always customize your sounds by replacing them in /res/wav then distribute it to your players. Just be aware that they will be replaced when you update D20PRO (so keep a backup of your customized sounds).

For more advanced sounds, can always use Syrinscape, I'm almost done with a video about using Syrinscape sounds with D20PRO.