1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Spell Library Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steven Becht, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Steven Becht

Steven Becht New Member

When using the spell library to create the spell called "resistance" (I have reduced it to applying just one bonus to try and work out the problem) I am getting some strange results. It appears to apply the bonus to the saving throw twice. When I change the modification to an Ability score it works as expected.

Works as expected (+1 to Strength score of target)
    upload_2017-7-24_10-19-30.png

Applies the effect twice (results in an increase of 2 to the saving throw bonus of target):
    upload_2017-7-24_10-19-59.png

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I have something set up wrong.

Attached Files:

#1 Steven Becht, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Could we see a screencap of the general tab on the character sheet of the token you are applying this too?

3. Steven Becht

Steven Becht New Member

I am applying it to a test NPC.

Here is the npc before:
    upload_2017-7-24_13-10-50.png

and after:
    upload_2017-7-24_13-11-41.png

This is the GM dialog before applying the modification:
    upload_2017-7-24_13-13-25.png

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

is Fort a Good Save for Warriors and hence where the extra 1 is coming from?

5. Steven Becht

Steven Becht New Member

I get the same result no matter what class the target is. I tried druid, cleric, sorceror, wizard, fighter and rogue and all gave the same result +2 to the saving throw instead of +1.

6. Steven Becht

Steven Becht New Member

I played around with it a little more and the bonus (or penalty) it applies is double what is entered in the Value box. If I enter +2, I get +4. If I enter +3, I get +6, If I enter -2, I get -4, and so on. I also found that the value box for Duration will only accept numeric values. I can't use spellcastingClassLevel() for example

7. Steven Becht

Steven Becht New Member

After some further testing this appears to be a bug. The change displayed on the Edit Game Creature screen does not match the change displayed on the Mini Character Sheet screen. When the save is rolled, the bonus from the Mini Character Sheet screen is used, which is the correct modification. The base save was +1 which when modified shows as +2 on the mini character sheet and is the value that is correct after the spell is applied.

upload_2017-7-25_10-10-9.png

8. Steven Becht

Steven Becht New Member

Multiple effects also do not work correctly when using Saving Throws as the modified ability. setting Fort, Ref, and Will saves each to +1 results in a +1 mod to the first one, +2 to the second one, and +3 to the third one (+1 Fort, +2 Ref, +3 Will). It does not matter which order these are displayed in the spell flow diagram. When using ability scores as the modified item, modifications are correct (for example +1 Str, +1 Dex, +1 Con)