1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

The Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragonmaster13, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Dragonmaster13

I have been with d20Pro for years and it is a great program. I come to the forums every day, sometimes twice a day, looking for any news on the update. Nothing yet. I am hoping that this is not going to end up like eTools or DMGenie where everything just sort of fizzled out. That would be sad as I have enjoyed this program for the last 5 years.

2. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

I also check the forums daily, hoping for an update. I did see a recent post by the Dev that they are planning a new release a Gencon.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2681

-Car

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Yeah, great bit of news there.. tho it did raise some questions.. I haven't talked to Mat yet.. My wife has been in the hospital, so I've been a bit out of sorts..

It's implied that they are shooting for D20 Unlimited preview or release at Gencon time.. along with a D20 Unlimited Kickstarter ... If I read that all correctly .. This doesn't make clear a couple things..

A) Is d20pro 3.4 still on the table? if so when?
    B) What effect is D20U going to have on long standing D20P users (License Architecture -- upgrade, rebuy etc etc)?
    C) Will D20U be completely backwards compatible with regard to datasets, saved maps etc etc?

I am sure others have more questions, this is just what struck me off the top of my head.. If you guys wish, I'd be happy to compile a list of questions to present to Mat and Curtis, so they do not have to answer the same stuff multiple times.. that way we are all on the same page and cover what everyone wants without asking the same things just in different ways...

4. Dragonmaster13

What is the D20 Ultimate? Sounds like something I missed.

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

6. KainPen

KainPen Member

Sounds like you got all my questions but two. After watching the demo for Shadowcasting Fog of War. I be happy with what they shown but wondering if they are planing more.

1: I was wondering if were where going to be able add extra light objects to extend pc view. like pc has a torch and walking down a dark hall way as he gets closer and has a certain view area to the next hallway and make the turn any torches or light source in the area expanding the view to include the additional light sources? Instead of just limiting him to the radius circle shown in the teaser. or multiple pcs with light sources increasing the view able area excluding wall blocking.

2: if we can have additional light source that are viewable will they auto toggle on when pc is in that area, but remain dark when pcs are not in the area?

This could eventual lead to actual different light levels being used.