1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Top Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by ogexam, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Doskious

Doskious New Member

This was the intent of my request, but Balmor has phrased it much better.

I'd like to explain the basis (on my part at least) for this request in a bit of detail: For over 10 years, I have been using a program for character & campaign management called DMGenie. It's no longer in production, available, supported, or in any way a current going concern except in terms of the groups of people who use it. The thing about it that I like, and the reason I continue to use it, is that it has VBscript capability for feats and items and conditions. I coded a script to make applying Pathfinder's Power Attack a one-button process for any character that has Power Attack, for example - the script checks the character's data and does all the math for me. DMGenie, however, lacks any kind of multi-user functionality - it's literally just a game aid, and I'm looking for a VTT with the same capability for adaptation and customization.

With so much of the rules elements being simple math and variable reference, it's almost painful to me to lack the ability to automate this simple stuff. I've tried a number of VTTs (most recently Fantasy Grounds) before discovering d20Pro; FG had some of the scripting (but not nearly enough of it), but bad image transfer. d20Pro has truly fantastic image and mapping functionality in comparison, and seems to have a solid foundation for effects and conditions, and I'm very hopeful that a more robust system for cataloging and developing effects and conditions can be developed.

To be honest, the effects editor in the program now is gratifyingly easy to use; my ideal implementation of user-end scripting would be to simply add a tab to the effects editor that would display the scripting for the effects selected on other tabs (if any) and allow the user, if they wanted to, to edit the effect script to move from static integers to dynamic variables. It's probably not that simple to implement or to code, though.

2. lichking

lichking New Member

1: The ability to assign Energy Resistance as an effect so that it is easily assigned when that sorceror decides to cast that spell on more than one player, as opposed to having to change each token's individual ER and then change it back again at the end of the spell's duration.
    2: To have dice rolled inputted to the heal and hurt window ie custom dice set upfor 9 lvl cleric's Cure Moderate Wounds is 2d8+9 so tap token, press h for heal then tap custom dice and roll placed automatically in window and ENTER.
    3: Dynamic FOW would be nice.

3. Greymyst

Greymyst New Member

Sorry I've been gone awhile. If any have been addressed, please let me know.

Ability to alter where death is. Pathfinder is not -10, but negative Con.

Something that allows Viltality/Wounds. I am playing with doing the other systems, like Spycraft, Stargate, Star Wars, etc. Most use the seperate wounds. I talked with someone there, and we experimented with temporary hit points, but that is a pain because you can't heal them and such.

I'd like some of the fields in the characters sheet just be text input, instead of drop down menus. Again I deal with multiple games. Maybe the drop-down could have a custom, or make all of them be text files that you could alter.

Thanks,
    Farris

4. Ty1976

Ty1976 New Member

1. See above. I play pathfinder and I have imported my wizard, It would be nice if is ray of Frost worked just like a crossbow or other weapon. (It could even specify that its a touch attack) Essentialy attack spells could work alot like how the weapons currently work, just have to track the resources.

2. Dynamic FoW

3. Make everything a little more user friendly.This will come with time. Right now; as a gm, it's a little tough to fully understand how the program works. ( I am not very computer savy just so you all know.)

Thanks
    Ty

5. Remaker

Remaker Member

1) A more streamlined and powerful magic interface. This is far and away my most wanted feature. I've talked about this before: http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=295. My main complaint is that casting a spell takes something along the lines of ~20 clicks, when it could really only require 3 or 4. I know that we can use pre-made spell effects, but these don't store duration, DC, and the things that it does store usually have to be rescaled to the caster's level anyway. I'd like to be able to store specific spell effects to specific characters. I know that this can be done, because special abilities already work this way in D20Pro, just not spells.

I would also like it if you could save a preferred template to your spells. Using the template requires a disproportionate number of clicks and requires the player to juggle multiple panes all at once. It would be nice if I could click on 'Fireball' from a wizard's list, and then just have to click on where I want the spell centered. That would makes spells as fast and easy as attacks (which are handled wonderfully, thanks!)

2) A more powerful character sheet. I like the way that D20Pro handles AC. You can specify different types of bonuses, and the program automatically handles stacking issues for you and dynamically updates it when a characters Dex gets modified. I'd really like to see this same kind of support for saves, hit points, and ability scores. Our games always grind to a halt when someone casts a mass effect bear's endurance, because there is no way of automating the effects. We have to manually apply changes to everyone's hit points and Fort bases on their individual levels and presence or absence of already existing enhancement bonuses. And this is just a specific example of a more general problem.

3) Ability for players to edit their own sheets. Right now it is a monster pain when a player wants to alter his inventory or spell list. This is one of the few things that takes longer to do in D20Pro than it does in real life, and its not really something that you can just skip.

6. ogexam

ogexam Member

You could create an effect that add +4 con and apply it to all the creatures, then their hit points and fort saves will be modified. The only issue is if they already had a con boosting item or spell already on them. We currently do not track that, but if they do not have it d20Pro will do all the hit point and save adjustments for you.

7. Remaker

Remaker Member

Did this happen in a recent update? I don't remember it working this way before, and it certainly doesn't update Fort or HP when I directly alter someone's Con on their sheet.

8. ogexam

ogexam Member

It does not do it if you modify the character sheet. It does it when you add an effect to a creature.
    When you add an effect that modifies the con score the creatures hp and fort save are modified as well. If you change their wisdom the will save will be modified, if you change the dex score the reflex save and AC will be modified.

9. Remaker

Remaker Member

Good to know! I would still like a more powerful character sheet, but knowing that effects are processed differently helps a lot. Should help a ton during our next game.

10. Tharck

Tharck New Member

Items being able to be dragged and dropped out of inventory and into inventory - or PCs able to "Pick up" a selected item and it appear in their backpack. Perhaps an auto-copy paste function pulled from the item list when a PC does such a thing.

Ability for PCs to edit the character sheet of anything in their control.

Duplication of the Vicious Enchant (And the ability to add multiple facets to particular damage types. Such as "Slashing and Piercing", "Adamantine and Good" ect.

11. 7trokes

7trokes New Member

1st - The ability for players to actively edit their sheets in game.

2nd - A better spell manager system, although I hear the d20Pro team is currently aware of the short falls of the current system and is making it better :D

3rd - Dynamic FoW, meaning as a player moves his or her token, the FoW automatically shows itself according to the light source the PC is carrying.

12. AnonGemini

AnonGemini New Member

1 Ambient Sounds (Tavern, Battle, Monks Chanting, etc) - Temple Of Elmental Evil has lots of good .wavs - (for personal use of the owner of course, ahem)

2 Flash video for cut scenes (who'll make the vids I don't know, but it would be good to have the equivalent of published adventures and vids that are buyable)

3 Dynamic FOW - along side movement obstruction and height layers - which if done right would all be the same thing.

13. Minandreas

Minandreas New Member

1) Improved information accessibility for players and DM alike. Already made a post about it and you guys said your working on it. But it IS my number 1 desire right now. =P

2) Players being able to alter their own characters. Another thing you are already working on, but my second biggest problem.

3) Improvements to the spell and effects system. They need to be more intuitive and less tedious. But your working on that too...

Just figure I'd point out that you are working on the right things. :lol:

14. CommJunkee

CommJunkee New Member

1. Dynamic FoW
    2. HexGrids (overlay) (Who know, Battletech anyone?)
    3. Player 'Assisted' combat, ie: Allow player to roll the d20, and actually populate in the attack panel (or ablity for the DM to change the d20 results in the attack panel, so when that it is displayed in the game log it is correct). Just a thought, though the current method does streamline combat greatly.

Attached Files:

15. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I think dynamic FoW and hex grids are being worked on, or at least on the to-do list.

[​IMG]
    YES! YES! YES! This would be awesome!

16. Gruntskokk

Gruntskokk New Member

1 or 2. Either the ability to size maps to line up properly on pre-made maps, or the ability to 'drag' the map grid to line up with the map. I make sometimes large and involved maps in CC3 that are difficult to get in alignment with the grid when created in D20. A draggable grid would be nice.

1 or 2. Mass Import/Export of Libraries to allow user sharing of work. (The I make a few, you make a few, we all make a lot system). If the option to import from DDI is do-able, that would be even better, but I am assuming that there are legal hurdles to cover there.

3. The ability to assign hot keys via ini file, or some type of user configuarable.

Thanks!

17. cyderak

cyderak Member

When you create maps they can be re-sized by adjusting the dpi and you can drag the grid around by i think right clicking it and dragging it around.

18. Gruntskokk

Gruntskokk New Member

I gotta be messing it up then. I am making it way harder than that. I'll try it again and let you know what i do. (In another thread as I am hi-jakcing the request thread). Thanks!

19. Dan

Dan Member

20. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met,

I'm pleased to announce that the ability for the Judge to override attack/crit rolls will be supported in v2.4. This will allow the Judge to input Player rolls directly and also fudge rolls as needed. :cool:

Apply for the closed Beta if you want to check things out early. :geek: