1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Translate ressource files and other stuff...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yaourth, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Yaourth

Yaourth New Member

Hi all,

i've tested D20pro a couple of hour since yesterday and this soft is just amazing. I'm actually organizing a new 6 players roster for the Pathfinder's #6 Adventure Path and should probably buy a full license after few more tests.

Just some questions (may be already answered in an other topic, so, in this case, sorry for that...) :

- is it possible to translate the skill, feats and spell files (in french) without risk for the core program ? I've made some minor changes, all seems ok, but i would like to be sure before rewrite the entire datas.
    - i've seen the players can't interact with their PC sheet. Is it something to do for that ? I think to use Hero Lab but i wonder if it's possible to import PC datas ingame.
    - is it possible to pre-send the maps on players to decrease the lag-time ? For example, send the five or six maps at the beginning of the session, start playing on the first one during other maps upload and broadcast them later... (i'm not sure i'm really clear... apologies for my poor english :oops: )
    - it's not easy to know the broadcast status of maps. Is it possible to have something (symbol, colored token...) showing that ? For example a green light on the map list (in D20menu) when broadcast is ok and a red light if the map on the judge screen is not the one showing to players. I've made few mistake with fog of war this morning because I can't know easily if my changes are broadcast or not...

thanks a lot for all !!

2. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hail and Well Met Yaourth,

I hope all is well with you. Thanks for the compliments about our software. It is definitely a labor of love and we are glad to serve. Let's get to your questions:

I will have to confirm this, but I don't see a problem with it since it is the text files. I will forward this question to our development team for better support.

We have tossed this idea around (player client with editing capabilities of their player) and I am not sure where what the current status is. This is a feature request from several users though and I think it is a matter of when not if. Your idea of using HL during a game should work fine though. Another option is, if any of your players have a Judge Client, they can edit their PC in their judge client and export it to their Player Client for upload to your Judge.

Your English is fine, fyi. I am not sure about this so I will have to get back to you. You are not really sending the players maps though. You are broadcasting updates on your Judge client to their client (which may include a map change). I do recall hearing something like this, but I don't want to give you misinformation.

In previous versions there was a green / red light for each player connected to the Judge (located in the chat window option near their name), however, the newest version has combined the chat window with the game log window. I have only tested our newest version by myself and I haven't taken notice of that option. Map changes are only broadcasted when the judge clicks on the 'broadcast' option or hits the F5 key, fyi. A quick workaround option is to log in as a Player to your own game. This will allow you to know what the other players can and cannot see.

I hope this helps a bit and please check back for some updates either from myself of one of our developers.

Best regards and happy gaming,

Nick

3. Yaourth

Yaourth New Member

Hi !!

many thanks for answers ! I will translate the .txt files this week and launch some tests with friend to valid it (mainly to check if HeroLab datas work with translated files in d20pro) . I'm not sure to translate all the datas due to lack of time but if you are interested i could post it on the wiki as a partial translation.

For the red/green light, is there a reason to have combined log and chat windows ? during my first tests, players appreciate to have the both windows and have not dice rolls and status message in the chat box (dedicated to pure roleplay).

regards :)

4. Dan

Dan Member

I can help with some of this.

Translations should work just fine.

Players cannot edit their sheets while logged in as a player. If they have a GM license ($30) they can edit their characters while in Judge mode then export the character and upload it to the GM when logged in as a player. They can even open a Judge copy while still logged in as a player (2 copies of d20pro running).

You can pre-send maps, but just make sure that the fog of war is on. Open a map, press the broadcast button, and then switch to another map. The map should continue to send. You can see player status in the Chat window - this is still there as of version 2.0.3 and you will see either a green light or an hourglass depending on if they have finished receiving your map or not.

In version 2.1 (testing right now) we merged the chat and game log into one window, but you now have the ability to use tabs and subscribe to information channels. Two default tabs are the Game and Chat tabs. The game tab has all of the dice and game information and the chat has the player messages and such. You can, however, make as many tabs as you want and add what you want to them (like just private messages or just out of character chat). It's more robust and gives the players more options than our current method, and it's all in one window. We think you will like what you see!

5. Yaourth

Yaourth New Member

Hi !

Great new for the presend map ! I've seen the green light on my last tests, it's perfect.

For the chat, i'm waiting the 2.1 which should be help my players without a big screen. They really don't like to manage the chat and the gamelog windows and they were happy when i give them the info about the merge of theses windows. The Roster size is a little too big too (icons can easily be scale down by two)... but may be for a next version ;)

I probably take a full license after the 2.1 relaease.

Anyway, my main problem today is this curious bug with herolab (I've sent you an MP about it).

6. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hi,

Just an FYI, the roster window can be re-sized to your preference. It can be vertical or horizontal. Mouse over one of the corners or sides of the roster window and you will be the cursor change. Grab the side / corner and increase or decrease the size of the window to your desired size.

Best regards and happy gaming,

Nick

7. Yaourth

Yaourth New Member

If some people are interested, this is a skill.txt translated in french.

Some players from pathfinder-fr.org discovering d20pro since few days and talk about a complete translation of ruleset's .txt files...

Attached Files: