1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

trouble saving content

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by slagbeast, Aug 23, 2009.

1. slagbeast

slagbeast New Member

While editing a creature in-game such as adding attacks, does not save to same creature in library.
    Also editing creature in library not all changes are saved. Specifically in attack and ability tabs.
    I click green check marks as often as possible, am I missing something else?

2. Dan

Dan Member

Creatures on a map are instanced from the library. That is, they are not linked to the library version and are their own creature. Changes you make to a creature on a map, then , will not be reflected in the library.

My suggestion is to right-click on the creature and choose Location -> Save Creature to save a copy to the library. If it finds another creature with the same name, it will rename your latest one with a number added to the end (goblin, goblin 1, goblin 2). To prevent this, just delete the version in the library first.

Library edits should save without problem... But those changes won't affect creatures already on a map - just drag a new copy to the map and delete the old one.

3. slagbeast

slagbeast New Member

Thx much for your prompt answers and support.
    And also for being dedicated to such an awesome product!