1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

RotRL Maps (Parts 1,2,3,4 & 5 of 6 Modules)

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by Golkiwu, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Re: Updated! RotRL Maps (Sandpoint, Part 1 & 2 of 6 Maps)

Nice! That gives it such a lived in feel to it. I like it. Simple change yet striking.

2. Tomar

Tomar New Member

OMG!

I was just getting ready to sit down and create the Thistletop areas, and decided to browse the forums. I can say, you are all AWESOME! Thank you so much! This is a life saver!

3. tintagel

tintagel Member

Another update. Oh, I'm hosting these on our Creative Gremlins gallery, if you don't mind, and am altering my previous posts to link there. I don't think d20pro wants copyrighted content hosted here.

Golkiwu, if you want your own account at Creative Gremlins gallery, let me know - I can hook you up with a free artist account. Either way, I posted your originals as well as my mods.

http://www.creativegremlins.com/gallery

Pre
    [​IMG]

4. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

That would be cool, let me know what I need to do.

Thanks again for the work!

5. tintagel

tintagel Member

Just need to email me your desired username and password. My username at creativegremlins.com

6. Merciel

Merciel New Member

Yay! I'm so excited to see samplers from HMM.

LOVE what you guys did with Fort Rannick, cannot wait to run my players through it.

7. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I am 2/5 done with the final map on HMM. It is been difficult with the conversion from 1" = 10' to 1" = 5', but I have a second monitor now, and I hope to be done before March (no more flipping back and forth with open windows ;).

Glad you are liking everything, as this is all been a learning experience for me, and I am pleased to have the work well received.

As for the "samplers", they are usable as is, the ones I post will just have the encounters populated.

8. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

90% done with Hook Mountain. Will try to populate the Clanhold tonight and post by weeks end.

9. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Re: Updated! RotRL Maps (Sandpoint, Part 1,2,& 3 of 6 Module

RotRL Part 3 - Hook Mountain Massacre is up!

Download link on original post.

Whew.... :D

10. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Bump.

11. Oneiros

Oneiros New Member

Thank you so much for making these maps available! I just started using d20Pro (I'll be running my first game with it this weekend), so these make my life WAY easier. I had one question, though: Is there a way for me to change the map grid size? My group has already gone through most of Thistletop on a tabletop map, and changing the dimension might be confusing.

12. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

The map for Thistlestop came directly from the PDF, and the grid lines were already in the illustration. I tried to match the grid on the d20pro rendering as close as possible to the original so it would look good. If you were mimicking this from the module on the drawn tabletop, it should be the same. Otherwise, you will need to pull the image from the PDF and create your own map in d20pro so you can set the game grid to match your scale. Also, you will have the grid lines on the original illustration in the PDF be mismatched with the grid from your new scale in d20pro. You can just take all of the creatures off of my maps, put them in limbo, and transfer them to your new scaled maps. I hope that helps, and thanks for the kudos. I am currently running my group through the catacombs of wrath part. I have made improvements on the other modules, with all of the room keys having the area description of the room and the notes, so you can technically run the encounters without having to hawk the PDF.

Good Gaming to ya!

13. MrMagoo00

MrMagoo00 New Member

I would first like to join in saying what an amazing job you guys have done on this, I just started a campaign using your maps and everyone loved it. I know that going through the creation process has to be time consuming, but with the amazing job that was done on the first two parts of RotRL I know there are people like myself just begging for the final 4 to be done. So I have a proposition, in order to help you get these last three sections done, I am willing to donate some money to help the process along. I don't want to keep these just for myself, this would be to help you guys be able to finish the rest of the maps to place online where they can be downloaded by anyone. If you are interested let me know and thank you again for all the hard work that you have already put into this it truly is exceptional.

14. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Thanks for the support.

Money is not the issue; it is time. I will be gearing up for the last three modules soon enough, but my players have just begun the Skinsaw Murders. As soon as I am able to gear up again, I will put out what I can. There is also supposed to be a re-release hard cover for RothRL with updates for PF. I may wait for that so I can get it, and more easily re-create them for D20PRO.

15. MrMagoo00

MrMagoo00 New Member

Well thanks for getting back to me on that issue. I will be checking back regularly to see what progress you have made. Once again I would like to say thank you for all the work you have put into these maps, the group I am playing with commented multiple times on how good quality the maps were, I put all the credit back on to you.

16. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

No problem. Do understand, that a lot of the maps in Skinsaw are by other users used with permission. All of Part 3 was done by myself. I am going to be updating Skinsaw with updated room tiles with more information on them soon.

Thanks again.

17. Montis

Montis New Member

I really can't thank you guys enough. I'm running RotRL right now and it's just amazing how detailed the maps are, especially the Misgivings. Btw if you need stats for the PF-converted creatures, you might want to have a look here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/fan-co ... ture-paths

18. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I will be starting on the 4th module soon, as my group is stating #3 shortly.

19. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Actively working on #4.
    I have not recreated any maps, but I have had huge success rendering the grid to match many of them.
    As soon as I am done with the map, I will begin work on populating them.

20. Montis

Montis New Member

Hi there, my group is fast approaching Module 4. Do you have any news if you'll be uploading further prepared maps? Would be greatly appreciated :)