1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

v3.0...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zug, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Zug

Zug New Member

Since you guys are on your way to gencon, I think we can assume the 3.0 featureset is frozen and coding is pretty much done :p

Do you have a list of features that 3.0 will have?

2. mahhand

mahhand Member

its friday, any beans to spill yet?

3. cyderak

cyderak Member

Its Saturday......How about now?

4. Overspace

Overspace New Member

Anyone at gencon might ask them ?

5. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Yeah, I think they are a little busy right now to be patrolling the forums. :)

6. Zug

Zug New Member

Well, they're posting pix from the 'con on their Facebook page...they have time :p

7. mahhand

mahhand Member

one of there facebook posts states they will be beta testing 3.0 at the con. I can't seem to find any more info from people there or from there facebook site either (or of course the place i am looking at now, aka HERE). :(

8. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Hi all

We're planning to open up the beta this week. If you're interested in participating please shoot me a pm or send us a contact form from the website and we'll add you to the list. I'll be working on a new features list when I get back from the Con (well, I might get some sleep first ;) ).

Thanks to everybody who stopped by the booth, it was cool to put a face to some names!

9. mahhand

mahhand Member

I sent you a PM Daggeth for the beta testing chance. Thanks.

10. mahhand

mahhand Member

daggeth my pm message to you shows in my outbox, but not in the sent folder? did you get it by chance? noob here on PM's....thanks

11. Montis

Montis New Member

that usually means that he hasn't read it yet :)

12. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Heh, yep. :oops:

Still getting back into the swing of things. I'll reply to those PMs with a link to beta installers as soon as I can coordinate it all.

13. mahhand

mahhand Member

Thanks for the pm message heads up. sooooo iching to see 3.0 it is killing me, lol

14. cyderak

cyderak Member

Tell me about it..........Hopefully it'll fix a bunch of the bugs.

15. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

I'm running an active campaign right now at Infrno, and might be able to get my entire group to run the beta if you'd like.

16. Overspace

Overspace New Member

Any chance we could get a list of 3.0 features ?

17. mahhand

mahhand Member

Well today is my main prep day for my first d20 campaign date this coming saturday. Any chance of getting 3.0 access yet? (biting finger nails here)

18. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hail and Well Met fellow Gamers,

I don't post much anymore, but I was reading through some of the forums today and came across this. Thought I would give some insight into some of the posts here including v3.0.

Posting pics and text to FB, Twitter, etc is significantly easier from our phones than it is to check the forums. My apologies for the lack of info while we were at the con. This is noted; however, while we are at conventions expect much of our communication to be dispersed through our social media. I will commit to do a better job of getting info out when we are on the road. Actually, Thraxxis, Daggeth, and I will be meeting very soon to discuss our social media push. If you are not checking us out via FaceBook, Twitter, and more please make sure to do so. The links can be found on our home page.

GenCon was another smashing success and full of excitement and enjoyment. If you have never been, I highly suggest it. It is gamer-geek "mecca" and non-stop action. You can walk around the whole place for all four days and never see the same person or thing twice. No expense is spared by the promoters of the con, Indy, or all of the outside companies showing of their latest and greatest. I did not get to spend as much time in the booth as I would have liked though. I too would have liked to put faces to names, but I guess that will be for other times...

The main reason I was not in the booth most of the weekend is because I was speaking with artists, publishers, content providers, and more. One of the new features to v3.0 will be our marketplace. You are going to be able to purchase artwork already prepped in d20Pro format for immediate plug and play. I spent most of my GenCon either in front of artist's tables or at the large round eating tables talking to people about getting content into our marketplace. I think I have said enough about this though... You will have to see the rest to believe it!

There are two other features I will give you some teaser on. One is the overall look. There have been some color changes to the window bars as well inside the character sheet. The last feature, and one of my favorites, is the larger image chooser window within d20Pro. When you want to change the picture of a player or NPC the window is much larger now and the choices are easier to see.

I hope this helps and I am looking forward to hearing v3.0 beta feedback.

Best regards and happy gaming,

Nick

19. Zulithe

Zulithe New Member

I watched the GenCon Panel, I loved what what you guys eluded to in terms of the future for VTTs! Really excited for 3.0

20. cyderak

cyderak Member

Hows 3.0 coming along?

Is there a tentative release date set?

Will Princess Vespa marry LONESTAR????..........Stay tuned........dun Dun DUNNNNNNN!!!! :D