1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Variable pog/token images

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by PastorOfMuppets, Mar 22, 2017.

1. PastorOfMuppets

PastorOfMuppets New Member

I was thinking it would be nice for those who have multiple tokens for a type of creature, for the system to randomly assign any tagged tokens to encounters when they happen. For example, if I have 3 different tokens tagged #wolf and 5 #goblins, and the PC's run into a group of 4 goblins with a wolf it would randomly pull the images for them. I don't think they'd have to be unique every time - if the unRNG so chose, all 4 goblins could still look the same but probably would not given probability.

2. Blind2karma

Blind2karma New Member

That could be useful. How about something like this: Instead what if you could toggle between a selection of images for a creature token. The idea is you stick half a dozen goblins in your encounter and then toggle the images to the goblin image you want for that specific token. This would also work for character images and different weapon/armor/no armor etc. really the idea could open up numerous options.
    Just my thoughts added to your idea:)

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

We have a few threads on this currently. But yeah, the general plan is to provide this type of functionality during the next dev phase. We're closing in on a finished Feature Library release -- after that is tokens and map renderer refresh.

Once this is done you'll could easily set up a feature which randomizes the token image when the creature is added to the table -- you might actually be able to do that even before the token refresh ;) hrmmm... brain + wheels = turning.

Lonewolf147 likes this.