1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

With Regard to Sorcerer

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by JoeMoustache, Apr 19, 2010.

1. JoeMoustache

JoeMoustache New Member

Still having template errors due to misspelling of Sorcerer in d20PRO -as referenced here on these boards. I changed the classes file to the correct spelling but things aren't quite right.

Here's a screenshot

[​IMG]

I checked the output .xml file from Hero Lab and it is correctly spelled there. I've re-imported the character a number of different times now but when I do that it changes the class to Fighter. So where do I go to change that spelling? Or what can I do?

Thank you

2. Dan

Dan Member

The sorcerer bug has been fixed in the latest release, I think. Version 2.1 should be out any day now.

3. JoeMoustache

JoeMoustache New Member

I see that Sorcerer is now spelled correctly in the new version, however, I can't say my sorcerer players are happy with the fix as they now cannot access the spell casting features of d20pro. "Not even freeform like a fighter," remarked one player. Any comment or fix on this?

In case you weren't aware: If you hotkey your way to the spells from a sorcerer character you get an "Unexpected exception: null" error and if you open the Edit Creature dialog box and click the Spell tab you find "Sorcerer spellcasting not available."

Thanks for your time.

Edit I did find, in Edit Creature, under spell that I'm able to click on Freeform and add spells but I cannot get them to stay or be usable.

4. Dan

Dan Member

I've just downloaded a clean install of 2.1 from our website and created an 8th level sorcerer. I was able to pick spells, rest, and cast spells without problems. See screenshot.

Perhaps you installed version 2.1 over your previous version? Updated installations do NOT overwrite your DM\res folder (it prevents accidental loss of customized txt files). To remedy this, simply install d20pro to a new folder. You can then either use that installation or go into the new dm\res\manually specified folder and copy the txt files to your original install location. For your convenience, I'm attaching the txt files to this post as well.