1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Wizards new VT

Discussion in 'D&D 4th Edition' started by hawkwind, Dec 10, 2010.

1. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

I just got a invite to the beta of the new VT. First impressions are not good. You have a restricted tile and token pool, no import from the character or monster builder and the tools currently availibly are very basic. The only things going for it is that it is cloud based and already there are loads of people to play with.

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

Get the word out and get more people here and then we too will have a lot of players ready to play!

Then you can use the better product which we do not try to shoehorn you into using only one thing.

We have not been able to get a first hands look at the beta yet, so any information you are allowed to tell about their VT would be helpful.

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

How ironic, just checked my email and I was just invited to the Wizards VT Beta.
    hahahaha

4. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

yeah i received it too and tried it..

I like the "map maker" part, but until they get their butts in gear and have more features, i won't even try it with friends.

5. hawkwind

hawkwind New Member

There are two features I like on the VT, the voice masks so the DM can do orc voices and stuff and the freehand drawing tool, I would like to see a drawing tool for d20pro

6. Gnoll

Gnoll New Member

Tried it. Didn't perform well compared to D20pro. Not being able to select a map / picture you have on your hard drive is a huge minus. If they pull off downloadable full adventure packs for a reasonable fee it might be fun... Right now it's far behind the curve from what experienced VTT players expect.

7. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

Also, you can run d20Pro without being connected to the Internet at large, which means you can use one computer to do player and GM screens, which is useful if you have a large screen HDTV. I've ran games this way and it's been awesome.

Add to that you need to request enough tokens to play per session, and it's more administrative headache than fun. I'll admit that it looks purty and it fits with the look and feel of the gamebooks.

Not terribly enjoying the VT, and I'm currently considering whether to renew my DDI subscription as it's up in three weeks.