1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

World Map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morghen, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Morghen

Morghen New Member

I apologize if this has been asked in the last couple of pages. There's a good chance that my search-fu sucks.

I haven't downloaded or paid for anything yet but I'm strongly considering it, based on a couple of the threads I've peeked into in here.

Anyway, here's my question: Can I make a world map with d20Pro? I can't find anything in the Feature List or the FAQ.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Morghen,

d20Pro main function is to allow an easy way to track the battlemap and each creature's HP and statuses with combat automation over the internet - similar to what you do at a face-to-face game.

You can use d20Pro to show your players a world map you created or found online or from a book (scanned page) or PDF. Or, if you wanted to make a crude/quick world map that is grid based, you could paint each grid square with land and sea tiles. Then you could use image tiles (that you've found or created) that look like mountains or trees to fill in the map. Then you could use the Map Markers to place where your cities and points of interest are located.

So, while you can use d20Pro to make crude world maps, it would look better if you were able to use an app specifically designed for creating maps. Then simply import that map (jpeg format is best for online play) into d20Pro so your online players would benefit.

What game system would you be playing using d20Pro? And would you be using d20Pro for your players to connect via the internet or would you be using it locally (via projector or touch screen or each player has their own laptop)?

3. Avotas

Avotas New Member