1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.7.1.x: Mac OS X Sierra installation difficulties

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Gnorr, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Gnorr

Gnorr New Member

After downloading and unzipping, I get an ``Application is damaged'' error when trying to open D20Pro.app, with an offer to move the file to Trash.

I understand this might be related to the Gatekeeper security mechanism, and that one solution might be to disable Gatekeeper system-wide. However, I am obviously reluctant to kill such a generally useful security mechanism.

As older versions of D20 Pro (e.g., 3.5.8) continue working flawlessly under Sierra with Gatekeeper active, I wonder whether there is a better solution available for the current version as well?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

3. Gnorr

Gnorr New Member

Many thanks for the quick reply and the useful pointer! I had only found the old posts recommending to disable Gatekeeper entirely.