1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

ability amount values

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unsaved, Jul 6, 2012.

1. unsaved

unsaved Member

What is the purpose for the two amount fields on the ability screens for the individual abilities. The only thing I can guess is that it's intended to track currently-available and max uses (of that ability) available for this character. But if so that's entirely manual since I can use abilities without the first count here decrementing. Also, if I decrease that first field (currently available?) to 0, the abilty is still usable from the character's context menu.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Current Uses Available / Total Uses

That can be at-will (1/1 is fine for at-will), per combat (per init), per day, or total charges.

3. unsaved

unsaved Member

But as I described, for at-will it seems to have no effect at all. You say "1/1 is fine", but in fact "0/12" is just as fine. Are these just for entirely manual tracking or is there some automation in there, perhaps only for the other types (per-day, etc.)?

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

And for At-Will 0/0 is fine too.

They are only tracked for non-at-will abilities. When the Ability reaches 0/- the player no longer can activate the Ability.