1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Declare Attacks - possible bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Paul H., Aug 1, 2016.

1. Paul H.

Paul H. New Member

Hey guys,

I have a player who cannot call up the Action: Declare Attacks screen. She has tried doing so from the character menu, and she has been trying to open it by pressing 'A' on her keyboard. Nothing happens, no matter what we try. As the DM, I have no such issues from my PC. Everything works normally on my end. Can anyone help?
    We have already uninstalled java and d20pro, updated the java, reinstalled d20pro, reset the PC, and launched the software.

Thanks,

Paul

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Not sure, but is it just Attacks or can she not interact with other elements of the token?

I'd try this, not saying it's a solution, but it's a start.

Original token;
    Remove ownership of token, set it to GM only. Select the token and hit 'O'.
    Clone the token, select it and hit 'C".
    Delete the original token.

Cloned token;
    Assign the token (cloned) to the player.

See if she can now use the attacks..

That should resolve any corrupt ownership issues. I saw this once or twice a really long time ago.

3. Paul H.

Paul H. New Member

Sorry, I should've clarified. She can use all the other features of the character, just not declare attacks. She can roll saves and skills, add and use abilities and spells, and hast near-total functionality of the character. This is the only thing (so far) that we can't get her software to do. We have also replaced the icon, and reset the ownership numerous times. We've also closed and reopened the software itself.

4. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

This happened briefly to one of my players and he fixed it by adding an attack to his attack list. Then he deleted it and he was able to submit attacks.

5. Paul H.

Paul H. New Member

Ok, cool. We just tried un-checking the 'I trust my players' box and it seemed to fix it for the time being; but I remember it happening yesterday before I checked it, so we will try that if it happens again. It seems that d20pro also has the ability to casts 'detect shady player characters'. That's a great bonus feature, IMO! Haha! Thanks for your help!

6. Paul H.

Paul H. New Member

It happened again and we tried your fix and it worked! Thanks buddy.

Tay-Dor likes this.