1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Error attempting to import PCGEN character

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by BigDaddyGamer, Nov 19, 2015.

1. BigDaddyGamer

BigDaddyGamer New Member

I created a character in the latest PCGen version 60401. I used the MRSD Modern (Basic) to create the character.

Steps taken;
    1) After completion I exported the character and chose Standard as format and csheet_modern_rpgwebprofiler.xml as the template
    2) I started D20Pro in Judge mode, chose the Creature Library and selected Import->PCGen and pointed to the XML PCGen created

Received the following error:

This plugin is invalid. Please recompile it using the latest API and try again.
    Caused by: Unexpected exception
    Caused by: Unable to load Document from file: C:\Characters\Emelia Everheart.xml
    Caused by: http://www.rpgprofiler.net.

Help appreciated on this!

Note: I am willing to try out Hero Lab to create modern creatures, but didn't see an option for MRSD in Hero Lab. Krillion suggested I check on their site for possible additions. Anyone see one?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I've emailed the guys over at PCgen so hopefully we'll get an answer for you fairly soon.

3. nylanfs

nylanfs New Member

If I'm not mistaken I believe the importer was re-written in 2014 to use the "csheet_fantasy_generic_export". I am not sure if it was ever tested against a modern character.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Thank you for the response Paul...