1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Error Importing Monsters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BenMitchell1979, Nov 29, 2012.

1. BenMitchell1979

BenMitchell1979 New Member

Every time I try to import a monster I get the following error..

Failed to import creature from K:\Google Drive\HallowVale Chronicles\Player Characters\Decimus.d20_ctr.
    : only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not \u1f (position: START_DOCUMENT seen \u1f... @1:1)
    Caused by: : only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not \u1f (position: START_DOCUMENT seen \u1f... @1:1)
    Caused by: only whitespace content allowed before start tag and not \u1f (position: START_DOCUMENT seen \u1f... @1:1) .

Regards,
    Ben Mitchell

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

The character "Decimus" is most likely not a valid d20pro creature file. It could have been exported using an old beta version of d20Pro. Please update to the most recent beta of d20Pro and have the owner export Decimus again so you can import successfully.

3. BenMitchell1979

It's the same version (3.2.907). I was testing the feature by exporting it from one session and importing on another with the idea that I could do all my game building/planning on my main PC and then export it to my Laptop for game sessions.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, 907 has an export error. If you import any creature exported with 907 will give you an error. Please upgrade your beta version.

Again, any creature exported with 907 will produce the same error. This is due to the file not being exported/saved correctly in beta 907.

5. BenMitchell1979

Sounds good. I'll upgrade and try again. :)