1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Failed to write map image: [Restart=Fix]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nullcron, Feb 22, 2012.

1. nullcron

nullcron New Member

After upgrading to version 3.1.0,
    As I create or copy from clipboard, I can not make maps anymore.

Failed to write map image: Failed to import FLR image: Unknown Entity for Filename Key: Joe/Dagger Falls3.jpg

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: Failed to write map image:

Could you share more details so we can determine if it is a bug or a configuration issue?
    Perhaps a screenshot and a listed procedure to duplicate this error message?

Such as: Java RAM Allocation ?
    Have you tried increasing the RAM allocation? If so, what is the current setting?
    What is the uncompressed file size of the image you are trying to save as a map?

3. nullcron

nullcron New Member

I tried it again and it all seems to work fine.

I guess a reboot after the upgrade is required.

4. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

This has happened to me three times in the last month. I'm not sure the cause but once a map fails to write, none will write after that until you restart d20pro. A restart always clears things up and I can create maps again.

I've tried to recreate the problem but it only crops up when I'm not thinking about it.