1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

failure importing pictures/icons

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Darkrin, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Darkrin

Darkrin Member

When I import pictures in to a directory I have used previously I get an error like this

Failed to import CTR image: Unknown Entity for Filename Key: Monsters/user7.png.
    or
    Failed to import ITEM image: Unknown Entity for Filename Key: weapons/user.png.

if it is a new directory/folder it works fine. it doesn't matter if Import from a file or from the clipboard.

after you get the error you can exit the import manager and its there in the library and you can select it as it imported it.

I recently got a server and tried copying over my files to it so I could run games from it and every picture I got that error on the pictures/icons it does not show up as it defaults back to the no picture icon. I am guessing because they are not saving correctly so when it goes back to retrieve the picture its not there. I can go back and re-import all the pictures again but quite a few got this error and I would have to go find the pictures again because most were from the clipboard

I realize this is small to some because most people dont move all there gaming files to a new computer but im sure it will happen from time to time.

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Darkrin,

There must be something subtly wrong in the code. Thanks for the detail, I've opened a new defect for it and will evaluate now.

As for copying file, as long as you grab the entire campaign folder, everything should come across fine. If minis/items lost their pictures, then something else happened. If you reproduce this again, please restart d20Pro (without moving it) and see if the correct image still shows.

Also please note that the resource management for d20Pro is continually being improved. So many of these kinds of issues will be addressed soon.

3. Darkrin

Darkrin Member

ok I had originally copied the whole d20pro folder from my current computer to the server I deleted the campaign folder and recopied it over to the server and everything is working as it should now on the server ie the pictures are showing up on it,

though I am still getting the error on my current system when im importing pictures though it still imports them and restarting d20pro did no help. I tried it on the server as well from a clipboard picture and the error still appeared when I put it into the the previously created monsters folder though it did import the picture into the library for use you just have to back out of the importer by cancelling or hitting the red x

hope that helps some being a computer tech. troubleshooting comes naturally

Derrick

4. Darkrin

Darkrin Member

ok I had to reinstall windows on my computer thankfully I was able to put windows on another drive and I didn't loose anything persay but I copied the campaign folder over like I did with the server and again the pictures were missing, so I copied it again both times I was out of d20 second time I closed and reopened it and still no change, since im pressed for time I just fixed the pictures by hand.

I know at one point I reorganized the folders where the pictures are(putting all of the monster pictures in one folder) I am guessing that is probably coming into play as well here but I did that very early on before anything really had any pictures because I knew it would probably mess things up a few things lost there pictures at the time and i just fixed but I only had 20 or so monsters that time it wasn't a big deal.

hopefully that helps some on this topic

Derrick