1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Handling Mounted Combat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mandos, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Mandos

Mandos New Member

Any suggestions on how to handle mounted combat? One of my PC wants to fight from horseback, and I trying to figure out the best way to handle combat. I don't want to make a combo token, so that I can distinguish between attacks aimed at the mount vs. aimed at the PC. Should I just have the mount and PC tokens, and keep the PC "inside" the mount? I think that would work, but be kind of kludgy.

2. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

You could use a single token to represent the PC and mount together, then keep a copy of the PC and/or mount off to the side somewhere for people to target and for keeping track of HP, effects, etc. I've done that before when my player's Druid changes shape. I just drop a copy of the animal he changes into on the map. He uses the animal token to make attacks, and everything else is done with his actual PC token.