1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Helping to create maps...

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by MichaelTumey, Aug 16, 2013.

1. MichaelTumey

MichaelTumey New Member

If anyone is looking for help in creating maps, finding and creating map tokens I've got 2 options for you.

One, I'm the new Cartography columnist for G*M*S Magazine and while I plan to articles at least once per week coving things like Map Tutorials, Map Product Reviews, Cartographer interviews, and other news of carto-centric interest. My first article was posted Tuesday, helping would-be mappers choosing the best software for their needs.

The Cartographer's Table - Which Mapping Software is Best for You?

Also I'm still running (2 weeks left) a Kickstarter to fund a series of Map Tutorials Guides. 25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guides. In addition to the guides there are 3 map objects sets available at different backer levels.

I'm a pro freelance cartographer, game designer and author. I've been commissioned to create maps for many publishers large and small including: Paizo Publishing (the original hand-drawn map of the city of Kasai for the Jade Regent AP), ProFantasy Software (189 map objects for the Modern Map Symbol Set), Rite Publishing (all the maps for the Kaidan setting of Japanese horror), Iron Crown Enterprises, Dog House Rulez and many others.

2. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

Your work is excellent and I really appreciate your super informative posts over on G+ in the "Map-Making in Games" community. I don't build maps the way you do and that's what makes your posts even more useful. I really hope d20pro supports your work over on Kickstarter because it's folks like you that make software like d20pro really shine.

3. LtlBtyRam

LtlBtyRam New Member

Ok, so I missed the Kickstarter. How can I get your Tutorial? Maps are one thing I really struggle with.
    Angela