1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Hero Lab Import of Non-Standard Content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phloog, Jun 7, 2010.

1. phloog

phloog Member

Okay...if I create a spell, or a new feat, or anything else in Herolab, and then import a character with that new 'thing' into d20Pro, does it work?

I saw a thread that explained how to add SPELLS by modifying a 'spells.txt' file or similar, but what I'm wondering is: does import of a HL character automatically set this up in D20Pro, or do I have to manually bring in every new thing in addition to the character?

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

Feats, and Gear will import with no issues.

The following will need to be in the manually specified files to work correctly:
    Classes: If you add your a new class or creature type
    Skills: If you add a new skill like Craft: Tattoo
    Spells: Adding new spells you will need to add them to this spells.txt and to the casting class in classes.txt