1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

How exactly do you use this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoutineInsanity, Sep 9, 2014.

1. RoutineInsanity

RoutineInsanity New Member

I just downloaded it after finding it's new kickstarter for D20Pro unlimited and it seems like it would be very useful for D&D campaigns.....but even though I read the stuff about it, i can't quite figure out how to use it. does it have to be LAN, or can i play with people who aren't on the same connection as me?

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

It supports LAN and WAN. I play with folks from California to Maine. Judge is the Server that the players connect to. Judge provides his public IP to players and the Port, Players connect to the Judge. There are some firewall things that need to be handled up front on the Judge side, but we are all old hat at that, and Curtis has provided a great tutorial on getting it to work through a Firewalled Router.

3. David98299

David98299 New Member

How do I find games to join? Seems there should be a webpage or something built into the game that allows easier capability for judges to show games they are hosting.

4. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

It does not work in that way, as it would expose public IP addresses of the hosts. We use the forums to advetize for games and post that we are looking for players. Some of us do host site's that advertise games, but the information on ip's is still handled in private communication. This game system is not an MMO where servers are kept updated for all to see, it is a way of getting small groups of people together at a "table" to play an RPG. :D