1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

License Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tivaan, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and I could not get the program to run without clicking on the "d20pro.bat" file, it will then load and run. I registered as required and it allows me the initial free license as a player but it will not let me download the "d20pro_trial + 5 guests" license.
    It gives me this message:

Unable to download license.
    Caused by: licenses\license_Tivaan(d20pro_Trial_2.0.0).txt
    (Access is denied).

Any suggestions?

2. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

I never had that particular problem, but I initially had issues with Windows 7 (64) and D20pro, my problems were resolved by not installing the software in it's default location.

Windows 7 (and Vista) are extremely particular about any software that resides in the "Program Files" directory. Simply editing the install directory to something like "c:\d20pro" might resolve your issue.

Since access is denied to your license file, I would guess that protected storage is the culprit; and modifying your install location will work for you.

3. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

Changing the Directory worked like a charm although I still have to use the Bat file to start the program

4. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

I have to use the "bat" file as well; but since I would do so anyway (for additional memory), I had forgotten that particular issue.