1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Map Thumbnails

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by cyderak, Jan 13, 2012.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

I can't remember if it was brought up already or not but is there any way you guys could make the map folder just a window with all the created maps in thumbnail form?

I have over 300 maps and I can't remember what they all look like based on my small description of what they are in D20Pro.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :ugeek:

2. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

+1. Great idea!

3. cyderak

cyderak Member

Is there any plans on implementing a Thumbnail preview of maps or maybe just being able to have the library open up into a window with Jpeg previews of Maps.

Because Like I've said in the past, I have over 300 maps and I can't remember what they look like based on a small description in the "Map Library" tab.

4. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

Someday I'd like to have 300 maps. Even with a dozen, this would be very helpful.

I'd like to expand on this request and say that it would be even mo-bettah if the thumbnail showed how the map will actually display in game -- i.e., FOW, creatures in place, etc. That way we can quickly discern whether it's an original, one we've prepped or an old one that needs clearing before reuse.

5. cyderak

cyderak Member

Good idea AEIOU.

Anything they could do to improve the map library to make it easier to discern between maps would make the map selection process go off without a hitch.

If you need some maps, let me know. Like I said, I have hundreds. Its nice to have a map for any kind of encounter at a drop of the hat. :D

6. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

Thank you for the map offer. I may indeed take you up on that one of these days.

The d20pro team appears to be listening to their community which is much appreciated. Whether this feature gets added or not, it's good to know that they've heard the request and are considering it.

7. cyderak

cyderak Member

Any way this feature might make its way into the next version of D20Pro.

Otherwise known as D20PRO AWESOME!!!!

Nothing but good can come from this.

I can see it now.........the newspaper headlines read "D20Pro DOMINATES VTT MARKET".

People rioting in the streets Screaming, "Oh the humanity......D20Pro now uses Map thumbnails.....Its too awesome!!"

Rivers turn red......Cats and Dogs living together.......MASS Hysteria!!!!!

O.k. I might have embellished a tiny, incey wincey bit but I think its a winner.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :ugeek: :ugeek:

8. cyderak

cyderak Member

So.......guys........You think the "Map Thumbnail" feature will be ready for GEN CON?

Cause, I can't lie.......That'd be freakin Awesome!!!

To be able to see what map your chosing, Such a luxery would set in stone D20Pro's place with-in the pantheon of High quality Virtual Table Tops.

And endear D20Pro in the hearts of gamers everywhere.

In closing I say.............Come on guys........I mean.......Come on. (A quote from the great Jimmy Volmer of Southpark fame).

9. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Would much rather see them do something to handle sub-dual/nonlethal damage tracking first...

but yes map thumbs would be very nice...

10. cyderak

cyderak Member

Well, looking at the release notes for D20Pro 3.3 it seems "Map thumbnails" are passed over once again. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

11. Montis

Montis New Member

and so are many other features that would be really nice to have. sometimes you gotta set priorities.

also:

12. cyderak

cyderak Member

Any chance this might be on the docket for the next version of D20Pro?

Just wondering.

13. cyderak

cyderak Member

v3.3 Beta 2

Map Thumbnails???? :)

14. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: v3.3 Beta 2

Big updates to make fog of war easier to build, map markers easier to use with more features, and some good enhancements to the user interface to make saving maps and changing map preferences easier, along with some flexible rules integration make v3.3 a good step in the right direction.

Map thumbnails is already on our list of features that we want also, so it's just a matter of priority and time.

15. cyderak

cyderak Member

Re: v3.3 Beta 2

Thanks.

16. cyderak

cyderak Member

This gonna be in 3.4?

17. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Support for more game systems and other ease-of-use improvements won the priority battle for 3.4.

18. cyderak

cyderak Member

Just wonderful..... :roll: :x

19. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Just to confirm, I want map current-state thumbnails - it is a great suggestion. This will be in d20Pro in the future. One of the criteria I use to prioritize features is how many people will benefit from the feature - and, everyone uses maps.

20. cyderak

cyderak Member

So any updates on this feature??