1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greymyst, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Dan

Dan Member

2. edge3343

edge3343 New Member

Is there a way to just turn off the d20Pro grid completely?

3. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

You can toggle the grid overlay display on/off, but the maps are inherently grid based so movement and location are totally based off the grid whether it is visible or not. Does this answer your question?

4. Dan

Dan Member

How about Dundjinni's forums? I have about 3 GB of art that I've downloaded from there for free..

5. Toxic302

Toxic302 New Member

I too am having severe issues in getting maps that look anything close to matching grids on premade maps. Dan i downloaded your ghost of mistmoor package and am wondering how you made such a phenominal map. Is there a guide i could use or anything that you know of that will help me make in-depth maps such as you have. Also do you have a tile file or something because the water usage is very realistic. Any help from any of you would be appreciative, this is probably the best tool i have ever found for dnd and my group loves this system.

6. NayusDante

NayusDante New Member

Is it feasible to add a resizing tool in the next version update? Being able to define a particular region of the image to resize, like a column or row, would make this an easy fix.

Right now, my solution is to remake my maps by ripping tiles out of them. It works for maps with repetitive tiles, but I don't think it would be easy for anything with hand-drawn caves or the like.

7. NayusDante

NayusDante New Member

Actually, I think I figured it out.

1. Cut your map so that the edges line up with the grid lines on the image. Line it up so that each of the four corners of the image end at the corner of a tile.

2. Count the tile dimensions of your map. If you have an idea of how big one tile is, multiply the dimensions by that number to get your target resolution. For example, I'm doing a map from the Star Wars Dawn of Defiance campaign that happens to be 31x40. The tiles in the images I'm using are 101 pixels square, so my target resolution is 3131x4040.

4. Scale the image to the target size. As long as you sized the canvas to have a tile corner at each corner of the image canvas, it *should* line up better. It might not be perfect, but it should be an improvement.

5. Select All and Copy. Create a new map from the clipboard, not a file (it might load the last revision, which was unscaled). Specify your tile size, and confirm the dimensions (for me, 31x40).

Like I said, it might not be *perfect*, but it should at least be usable. If you want it to be perfect, you'll have to make the maps yourself in a tile-map editor.