1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Marketplace suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AEIOU, May 25, 2014.

1. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

1) Please rename content in the marketplace using a standardized scheme. This will improve the professional presentation and make it easier for users to use.
    • One Night Stand 5 - Scorned imports as One Night Stand 1 - Scorned....
    • Wizard's Amulet and Crubible of Freya are part of the same series and should import with similar names. Marketplace identifies clearly as 1/3 and 2/3 but import doesn't.

2) THANK YOU for the images with the Rappan Athuk content showing the maps. That is extremely helpful.

3) The gold coins for purchases is cute, but an actual dollar amount would be more useful. Yes, I can translate but if you want to branch beyond Pathfinder and fantasy, you should appeal to other audiences more universally.

4) For content the user owns, mark it as FREE or OWNED or whatever. I know, it changes the red box from PURCHASE to DOWNLOAD. Get rid of the cost.

5) For content that you don't have enough gold for, don't use a silver coin --it's not intuitive, confusing and inconsistent -- gray out the PURCHASE or add an explanation of "not enough gold to purchase". Many of us have played RPG's long enough to have copper/silver/gold/platinum etched in our minds as a hierarchy whereas you are using it as a binary.

6) I know it takes time to enter and place NPC's and mobs and fog-of-war, but I recommend you look at your pricing schemes. Maybe I'm unrealistic, but charging MORE than the cost of a module while not including the actual module, portable maps or HL files doesn't feel right. Is the effort it takes to write, edit, balance and publish a module seriously LESS than the effort it takes to enter it into d20?

7) I appreciate selling large modules (RA in particular) in pieces. Could you find a better way to group them though? One module takes up the entire Adventure Path section.

Thank you for considering these suggestions.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you for your suggestions, many of which we have already discussed and on the board to improve.

3. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

Thank you for adding access to the store from a web browser recently. Much appreciated!