1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Permission Denied: Listen Failed

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Medriev, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Medriev

Medriev New Member

All working fine last weekend. Go to start d20 Pro tonight and get Permission Denied: Listen Failed with three options for the problem:
    1) The GM is already running (It's not)
    2) Another app is using the port (no idea but it's never happened before)
    3) Server is being blocked by firewall or anti-virus (anti-virus firewall on the machine checked and allowing access)

This is not a problem I've encountered before and whilst feasibly it could be a problem with my router that seems unlikely as nothing has changed since last weekend. I've also tried a full uninstall and reinstall (twice) but nothing has changed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Check your firewall settings.. Microsoft, did an update mid week.. and changes a lot of firewall settings with no notification or prompt at all.. We had to completely reset our in house LAN when things 'suddenly' just stopped working.