1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Picking up Items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blueter, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Blueter

Blueter Member

So I dropped a bunch of items in a pile off a monster that was slain. The PC's gathered around and started hitting their "p" button grabbing loot. except that for a few things...the PC's would A) receive the wrong items or B) it make them pick up everything stacked in the square, so I'm gonna assume its something on my end. Can you give a quick overview of the pick up items? Maybe a few pic's as I do much better that way personally.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Using the P key to pick up items should be fairly straight forward.

upload_2017-8-23_8-23-31.png

Click the item on the list you want to pick up, and select OK. This will send the request to the GM, for them to approve. Once the action is approved, it will disappear from the ground and be placed in the tokens items list.

I would try to avoid, several people trying to pick up items from the same pile at the same time, as that could be pretty confusing, especially if more than one person is awaiting for the GM to resolve the actions, and they try to pick up other items while waiting.

3. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

On the GM side, when presented with the action resolution, the GM needs to verify the correct item is selected. He can also select the checkbox to leave the item on the ground and place a copy in the users inventory.

upload_2017-8-23_8-28-48.png

4. Blueter

Blueter Member

hmm, I actually found that I'm needing to set the other items to 0, to leave them on the ground and making sure I press enter to ensure so that it's set to zero. Thanks for the pictures though it honestly helps so much!

Oh almost forgot, so I started changing over the pictures of item, so they don't all look like the little sword icon. Now is there a way to set that on every campaign so that I don't have to re-enter the new picture icons each time?

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

The only way I know to do that, is use a copy of the campaign,, or possibly, do an export.

6. Blueter

Blueter Member

Thanks Krilion. FYI you guys are doing a bang up job, keep up the strong work!