1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Random feature concepts.

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by cyderak, Apr 2, 2011.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

I am finally back to work after shoulder cuff surgery and they have me on light duty so I have tons of time to think.

So here is what my brain had to puke out. (Nice analogy huh).

1.) Offer Spell animation packs - A collection of Spell animations that work in conjunction with the D20Pro spell template system. The template is placed and then the spell animation is triggered and appears within the dimensions of the chosen template. Could offer Spell effects for every element. example: Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Force, .......etc. Cost would depend how many spell animations were included with each Spell animation pack. Might even be able to tap into the Infinity Engine Spell animations. I'm sure Bioware would be willing to work something out. Thats the nice thing about pre-existing software like the Infinity Engine animations is that they originate from a game that alot of RPG gamers remember fondly and is almost guarenteed to solicite a blurted out, "COOL!!!"

2). Offer D20Pro Skins Packs - Could offer themed skins.
    --A couple of generic Fantasy-themed skins.
    --A couple of Sci-Fi themed Skins.
    --A couple of Superhero themed skins(Maybe even contacting Marvel or DC or even some Indy Comic labels for permission to rig up some skins for a small cut of the profits).
    --A couple of PATHFINDER themed skins. (Obviously with the expressed consent of the PATHFINDER guys).
    --A couple of 4E D&D themed skins. (Obviously with the expressed consent of the 4E D&D guys).
    --A couple of 3E D&D themed skins. (Obviously with the expressed consent of the appropriate authorities).
    When ever a new Campaign is created it would give the option of customizing the Skin to fit the RPG system being used.

3.) A Thumbnail preview of available maps so its not a guessing game as to which maps are avaialable.

4.) Maybe instead of loading all available maps, just loading the maps as needed. It seems the more maps I load into D20Pro, the longer it takers to load the software.

5.) A permanant Menu with fixed buttons for draw tools, library, etc.....I think it'd be easier and faster to click a button thats fixed than clicking on a radial menu and sometimes, when the computer is bogged down in muilti-tasking, waiting for the radial menu to activate and work.

6.) In the past i have suggested Map packs. Speaking of which, is that coming along? Anyways, I have found a couple more Cartographers that are PHENOMINAL!!! Heres some links to their stuff:
    MASTER ACCESSORIES -- http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_i ... =1956&it=1
    WORLD WORKS -- http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/advanced_ ... n_artist=1

Can you imagine those kind of maps in a multi-room dungeon map format or a general map format?.......Getting giddy even thinking about it.

So theres my "Got too much time to think" brainstorming session. Hope some of it is useful. Thats the cool thing about D20Pro is that there are so many opportunities.

Thanks for reading.

2. FlynnUOGM

FlynnUOGM New Member