1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Range and Reach

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by KainPen, Oct 26, 2012.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

This would require adding another box or column in attack portion of character similar to the critical box. You have several options, Range Missile, Thrown Missile, Natural Reach, and Reach. Reach once you pick one of those we can select the number of feet.

After that the program can show on the map in different colors show range and increments from the attacker of where the attack can go and show the penalty to hit. This would be Similar to the map template feature in the game tools. After the attack is sent to Judge it disappears automatically. You could use different color for different ranges Green Point Blank and maybe make that a toggle like power attack. It auto add in +1 to hit and damage to the roll if check and attacked in that area. Red could be for maximum range.

We could setup range incremental rules in same area as con rules for death is. I don’t remember if 3.5 and pathfinder have the same thing. Pathfinder bows (ranged missile) max is 10 increments away -2 attack to for each one. Thrown weapons Max is 5 same -2 to attack rolls. So we could select Range Missile the number of increments and the penalty. Could even have a box to select Pathfinder or 3.5 far shot? As they do different things. On double range, the other reduces the penalty by half. And by the attack could have a toggle just like point blank they can select that before making the attack. And it would adjust.

For Natural Reach number would be pulled from first section of the character sheet
    For Reach would double from natural reach but leaving normal natural reach with out a color.

Obviously make this able to be turn off and if person wants to attack out side that range they still can. It would just be visual help for player and judge to see who is with in there range and applies penalty for distance and bonus quickly. Best thing about d20 pro is it flexibility no reason to remove that. This would take a ton of programming if it could even be done at all. I am sure but it is something that could be useful as program function and eye candy fluff so figure it would be good add for the list.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

ok. This would also mean there is more to setup for the Judge for each Attack line. But, it could be possible.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

That would be pretty nifty and Yes, very handy indeed..

4. KainPen

KainPen Member

Yeah that would be cool if it could be done I don't mind the extra work. It does not even have to be just how I put it but just wanted to make suggestion. Just wanted to put the idea out there to gets some dev creative ideas flowing for something like this. Would be awesome if they could release a little bit at a time to. say the range on the weapon attack section first, then visualization , then toggles or auto calculation what ever but would be very useful. I don't think any other VT has anything like it that I know off. Put you another step above the competition.